Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why cant koodo block a number

i would like a number blocked. from what i have read koodo apparently "cant " do it but every other phone company will do it even for a fee. i am just curious as to why it ca no longer be done...  

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Most people probably prefer to do it on their phone for free.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/can_koodo_block_numbers

But can it be done even if I'm willing to pay the fee
Userlevel 3
Hi Renee!

We don't offer the service, but the feature is included in iPhones and some Android phones.

I you don't have it included in your device, as Bob has suggested, there are a lot of free apps that you can download in order to block a number!  
Julie wrote:

Hi Renee!

We don't offer the service, but the feature is included in iPhones and some Andr...

I wish I knew that before switching to Koodo, it would have been a deal breaker. Virgin Mobile did it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Julie wrote:

Hi Renee!

We don't offer the service, but the feature is included in iPhones and some Andr...

Is there a specific reason you would prefer to do this for a fee rather than using your phone's built-in blacklist feature (if applicable) or a free app instead?
Julie wrote:

Hi Renee!

I don't understand why there is a fee, I have never paid for this anywhere else. The iphone feature does not block the voicemail so now that I have switched to Koodo all the blocked nusance calls go to my voicemail which is extremely frustrating.