Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why can't I call koodo without paying a 10$ service charge?

Why can't I call koodo without paying a 10$ service charge?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
You can.
The charge is only applied if its something you can do yourself in Self Serve.
So, if you can't do it yourself there is no charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And there's no charge for asking questions such as questions about your bill or account, all other questions we can help you with here.
I only know what I know, I don't know what I don't know. So if I am calling it is because I don't know something but koodo thinks that I should know and charges 10$ for the call? It seems a bit slimy to me. It seems like changes were made to the billing in favor of the consumer and your response to that is to charge the consumer for every call koodo doesn't want to deal with. I had a question about billing and was told by recording I would be charged 10$ for the call. Not right!!!
Userlevel 5
Joe wrote:

I only know what I know, I don't know what I don't know. So if I am calling it is because I don't...

I feel as though there may be some factual miss-understanding. You can call Koodo and inform them that you will be attending a place in Canada that borders the US, so you don't get wacked in the head, with the US roaming charges, having not entered the US. NO CHARGE CALL. You can call Koodo to discuss any matter concerning your bill. NO CHARGE CALL. You can call Koodo to make plan changes, if you are not able to do so on the self serve, because of technical problems. NO CHARGE CALL. You can call Koodo and tell them that you had just experienced the best customer service ever and give them the name and location of the rep. NO CHARGE CALL If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your phone that cannot be resolved in the Koodo Community, you can call Koodo Technical Support. NO CHARGE CALL. If your phone has just been lost or stolen you can call Koodo Customer Service. NO CHARGE CALL. You can call Koodo and tell them that you have just found a Koodo Phone. NO CHARGE CALL, and a possible bonus reward, by grateful owner,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe wrote:

I only know what I know, I don't know what I don't know. So if I am calling it is because I don't...

Joe, there is no charge for the the calls. You can call us anytime and there is no cost for billing inquiries and such.The service fee is strictly for transactions to account changes on your behalf. Phone number changes, rateplan changes and so on. The recording does state that I'm quite sure. 
Userlevel 6
Joe wrote:

Hey there! Just to add on, we will always inform you about the fee prior to making a chargeable transaction on your account to get your consent.  If you do not agree to the charge, we will be more than happy to guide you in your Self-Serve account to show you how you can make the change free of charge.  Have a good one!