Koodo Community
Solved

Where can I find more details on adding a line?

• 10 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Koodo keeps emailing and texting me to add a line, but they have next to no information posted that I can find other than obviously outdated answers.
Essential questions that need answering; 
- Can an existing client cancel their account to then be my, "add a line", or would it have to be new customers only?
- If said existing customer moved to the "added line", is it possible to keep their old phone number?
- Is this a straight split phone plan - minutes/data/text, or would there be special "share" plans?
- What is the cost of this extra line?  
- What are the transfer/sign up fees?

Lastly, does Koodo still try to charge to talk to a customer service rep, and what are the wait times like?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Daniel Kim 10 February 2017, 04:49

Hi there,
1) An existing customer can cancel then be your "add a line" but there's no need for that since you can just call koodo and do a "transfer of ownership" (merge two accounts into one, there is a 25$ charge for this)

2) Yes they can keep their phone number if you do a transfer of ownership

3)Straight split phone plan, no special share plans.

4) however much the plan is for that line

5) transfer fee is 25$ as mentioned earlier

If you're wanting to talk to a service rep koodo actually recommends facebook messaging them instead now @  http://m.me/koodo  you may still have to call them to do the transfer of ownership however. As for wait times, it can vary a lot in my experience.

Hope that helps!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi there,
1) An existing customer can cancel then be your "add a line" but there's no need for that since you can just call koodo and do a "transfer of ownership" (merge two accounts into one, there is a 25$ charge for this)

2) Yes they can keep their phone number if you do a transfer of ownership

3)Straight split phone plan, no special share plans.

4) however much the plan is for that line

5) transfer fee is 25$ as mentioned earlier

If you're wanting to talk to a service rep koodo actually recommends facebook messaging them instead now @  http://m.me/koodo  you may still have to call them to do the transfer of ownership however. As for wait times, it can vary a lot in my experience.

Hope that helps!