Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when will the wireless home phone be available in newfoundland.

i went to koodo all they say is waiting for it to arrive and thats been 2 months ago. it dont even seem like they know when it will be available.

44 replies

Badge +4
I'm not seeing any provincial restrictions or references to 'participating Koodo retailers only', so the wireless home phone should be available. Maybe by bumping this topic, it'll get the attention of an official Koodo rep/employee who can provide you with an answer. In the meantime, which Koodo shop(s) did you try, John? (town or city).
grandfalls-windsor newfoundland
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

John, when you say you went to Koodo was GBS Communications in town you talked to?
john wrote:

yes at the exploits valley mall.its a telus and koodo authorized dealer. i wanted to get the wireless home phone now because u guys are offering a good promotion offer and its ending september 30 thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Did they say they never got any or they sold out temporarily?
john wrote:

all they say they didnt recieve the shipment and they dont know when it will be available. also they seem like they dont know anything about the koodo wireless home phone. its been 2 months or more now i been going to the store every week and they still didnt have it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Ok, let me look into this....Probably won't have answer till tomorrow...will try the best to help you out though.
john wrote:

thanks so much im looking forward to be a koodo wireless home phone customer....
john wrote:

hi there i was wondering did u get any information for me thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

This is all I have for now John: the service is available in Newfoundland. We have no inventory shortage, not sure why GBS is saying they have been waiting for months. I tried to reach the store several times but no one picked up. Will try again in a little while.
john wrote:

to bad we couldnt order it online it would save alot of trouble.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Per our discussion John, I really wanted to help you out, so if you are good to have the unit shipped to you and along with the charge of $40 for the hub on you cell bill we can make that happen. When you get the unit pls go to GBS to activate and ask them to port out your existing number to this unit.
john wrote:

thank u so much A+++ customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Unit is shipped John via fedex. Tracking can bee seen here: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&tracknumbers=705872491648&clienttype=ivs...
john wrote:

thank u so much i recieved the unit today so now i got to wait for a week or so til i can get to the koodo store which is 2 hours drive from me lol.so is there anyway u can activate this over the phone. and port my number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Glad to hear it John! If you call our customer service line an press 'activate' I'm pretty sure they can do it. Since you have an existing account with us there is no need for an additional credit check. Just mention that you are activating a wireless home phone with the promo of just $5 a month. Let em know if all works out as expected. Wait time on the phone will likely be a little longer than usual. Lots of folks buying this service from us. 🙂  
john wrote:

i tried to activate the hub and sim card.  they can activate it but cant port my bell landline number over.  if i cant port my bell landline the service is not much good to me.
john wrote:

can i return the hub somehow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

You can port it John. I did. Just last week. It does require a visit to the store which you mentioned you could make in the next week or so.
john wrote:

the lady called the supervisor and he said the same thing cause where i live i cant port the 1709 885 #
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Seriously? Did they say why? Let me look into this John.
john wrote:

not sure why something about koodo's service area lol....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Yeah...that's not it. You already have a cellphone with us. The home phone works off the same network We actually have very good coverage. Hold tight, I will check on this and get back as soon as I have an answer. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Hey John, ok...so it turns out there are still have few pockets of places in Canada where the local carriers virtually have a monopoly and do not allow local lines/numbers to port out. It seems your household falls under this area. 😞 It's such a shame after all we tried to do to get you the hub. Anyway, pls keep the hub or pass it to a friend or family who could use it.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
john wrote:

Hey John, ok...so it turns out there are still have few pockets of places in Canada where the local carriers virtually have a monopoly and do not allow local lines/numbers to port out. It seems your household falls under this area. 😞 It's such a shame after all we tried to do to get you the hub. Anyway, pls keep the hub or pass it to a friend or family who could use it.