Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will new activations be back online?

I got a new phone three hours ago and it still can't connect to the network.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've activated the SIM Card and put it into the phone then try having the phone on and pull out the battery and then SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try it again.
I am having the same problem ... I got a new phone this afternoon, noticed it was not working, went back and was told that newly activated phones wouldnt come online for a 'few hours' and it has now been 5 hours. Not impressed, I upgraded my perfectly working phone and now have a brick to show for it 🙂 Hopefully this issue is resolved quickly ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey people's, sorry for the inconvenience this is something that has never occurred before so hopefully this doesn't give you a bad view of koodo service. I just talked to koodo and they are presently working on the issue and hope to have it resolved ASAP. Like I said don't let this skew your view of koodo as they rarely have any issues with their service and when they do they have always fixed the issue quite quickly, in fact in the 3 years I've been using koodo I've had one service issue and it was back up within a couple hours which I can't say about the other carriers I've been with. So don't worry you've chosen a great carrier you just activated at an unfortunate time, get some sleep and charge your phone overnight like you should be before using anyways and you should be all good in the morning (or even before then).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Whatever issue caused the problem should be fixed now. The main thing the system needs right now is a few hours with no new requests so it can clear the backlog of pending changes that this issue created. odds are everything will be running like clockwork again by morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Whatever issue caused the problem should be fixed now. The main thing the system needs right now...

Great to hear, super work Timo & the Koodo Tech Team 🙂
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Whatever issue caused the problem should be fixed now. The main thing the system needs right now...

Working now!