Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will 10$ wireless home phone option be available at Koodo?

As of November 13th, 2013, Telus is offering 9.99$ unlimited wireless home phone (with puchase of a 30$ adapter). To be clear this is basically the service that uses the wrireless network (with sim card) but connects to POTS handests and phones. Fido and Rogers have been offering this service (at the same price) for 6 months or more. When will Koodo be offering the 10$ home phone?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Rogers and Fido only offer it if you are not inside of the Rogers home phone footprint. I have all Rogers residential services and they said I'm not eligible (trust me I tried) because I can get their wired home phone service already. I'm assuming Telus has similar restrictions. Koodo doesn't even do internet sticks or data-only plans for tablets; wireless home phone is a relatively newer service so I don't see them having it anytime soon.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Rogers and Fido only offer it if you are not inside of the Rogers home phone footprint. I have al...

Fido, I believe, does not come with that restriction.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Rogers and Fido only offer it if you are not inside of the Rogers home phone footprint. I have al...

Well I'm gonna call them and try to get it, then. I have a Fido account for my dad so I could just add it to that instead of paying 40 bucks to Rogers for something we don't use a whole lot.
Humberto is correct, Fido does not care. We have Fido wireless home phone (over cellular), and we definitely are in the "wired" home phone footprint.
Userlevel 7
MT wrote:

Humberto is correct, Fido does not care. We have Fido wireless home phone (over cellular), and we...

Cool! Sounds like I'll be switching over, then lol
Userlevel 6
MT wrote:

Humberto is correct, Fido does not care. We have Fido wireless home phone (over cellular), and we...

Where does Telus offer this? Only in the west or is it available in the whe country!
Chris, The post i saw was for Toronto area. But I would not be surprised if it was more widespread now.
Userlevel 1
MT wrote:

Chris, The post i saw was for Toronto area. But I would not be surprised if it was more widesp...

Wide spread as in Rural Ontario maybe?
MT wrote:

Chris, The post i saw was for Toronto area. But I would not be surprised if it was more widesp...

Call 1-877-387-5788 and find out. Product is called Telus Wireless Home Phone.
Userlevel 1
MT wrote:

Thx
Userlevel 7
jcsousa wrote:

An alternative if you have Internet at home you just need Magicjack $59.99 for the adapter $10.00...

We tried that in the past; the call quality was pretty inconsistent at best and sometimes it was just awful.
Userlevel 7
jcsousa wrote:

An alternative if you have Internet at home you just need Magicjack $59.99 for the adapter $10.00...

Well to be fair, this was almost 10 years ago, and our internet wasn't as good as it is now. Still, I'm totally down for the wireless home phone thing. I'm gonna go to a Fido store tomorrow after watching the Canada/Finland match. Whoo!
This wireless home phone is 100% better than cheap Voip. No QOS rules, no bandwidth issues, call quality almost as good as landline, for 5$ more a month. Real alternative would be voip.ms, but you need to know how to setup an ATA, and it is still voip, just better than majicjack or nettalk. Wireless home phone is plug and talk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is now offering wireless home phone service, more information available here https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/what-is-koodo-wireless-home-phone