Koodo Community
Question

What steps have to be taken to cancel a monthly plan with koodo?

• 14 October 2013
  • 7 replies

Thinking about getting a new phone. The phone I want is not carried by koodo. So I was thinking about changing providers and was wondering needed to be done in order to switch providers

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Awww Sorry to hear you'd leave just for a device. Truth is if you're keeping your number all you need to do is tell the other carrier you want to port your number to them. Once they port over, your line will be cancelled. A short while after you'll get your last bill. This bill will include any negative tab balance plus any overages from the previous month. Koodo makes it easy that way. Of course you could always buy whatever phone you want and use it here on koodo too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Awww Sorry to hear you'd leave just for a device. Truth is if you're keeping your number all you...Haha our answers are exactly the same even the second paragraph lol. You beat me 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to keep your koodo # then you just go sign up with the provider you want to go with and tell them you want to port your # over to their service. When your # is ported you will not have to do anything on Koodo's end except pay your final bill with any past and present amount owing up till the date you ported plus any amount still owing on your tab. You can always buy the phone you want and bring it to koodo just make sure it's compatible and get it unlocked from a 3rd party service such as CELLUNLOCKER.net or GSMLIBERTY.COM.
Userlevel 6
What the guys didn't tell you that if you buy that phone outright and bring it to koodo they will give you 10% of their monthly plans, so it may still be worth for you staying with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What the guys didn't tell you that if you buy that phone outright and bring it to koodo they will...True Dat!
Userlevel 6
What the guys didn't tell you that if you buy that phone outright and bring it to koodo they will...Hi there, the discount only applies if the customer doesn't have a negative Tab. It's important to mention it 🙂 Thanks ! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What the guys didn't tell you that if you buy that phone outright and bring it to koodo they will...Even with the 10% discount, it may still be a lot more expensive to buy the phone outright and bring it to Koodo. The 10% isn't that great. Even though I'm a BYOD guy, I've subsidized my non-Koodo devices by getting phones on the tab and then selling them (for example, on a $30 plan, I'll save $72 with the BYOD discount and I can sell a Galaxy Ace 2 for at least $120 on Kijiji).