Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What's up with no cell service this morning? It was fine last night during the snowstorm.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Whereabouts are you located? Have you tried rebooting the phone after taking out the SIM card for about a minute or so?
Jonathan I wrote:

Whereabouts are you located? Have you tried rebooting the phone after taking out the SIM card for...

Am in Nova Scotia.My husband & I both have a galaxy phone. Took out the sim card & battery in both phones. Waited for a couple minutes. After putting the phones back together & rebooting still no service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No issue here for me in Edmonton
Beth is probably on the east coast where they got hit hard. Could be some issues out there due to the storm, but I personally haven't heard anything, being in Southern Ontario.
Two days after the storm still no cell service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have another phone to contact Koodo? 1-866-995-6636 option 6 for technical support. Does your neighbours have cell service?
Mayumi wrote:

Do you have another phone to contact Koodo? 1-866-995-6636 option 6 for technical support. Does...

My phone & husbands phone won't connect to the koodo network in the settings in the phone. Could it be possible the tower went out during the storm?
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Do you have another phone to contact Koodo? 1-866-995-6636 option 6 for technical support. Does...

It's actually very possible something like that happened, especially if both phones suddenly stopped working.
Mayumi wrote:

Found out a neighbour has no service
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Yup likely the tower, unfortunately in times like this there isn't much you can do until they get things fixed up.
Mayumi wrote:

So we're paying for no service til things get fixed
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Yup, basically. I know it sucks but that's the nature of the business; these kind of things are out of the carrier's control. I would try contacting Koodo's network team using someone else's phone, even if you have to leave your area, to report this. We'll try to let our contact know as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Also you can contact Koodo through Email to get info and advice. https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus hope your service is up and running soon..
Already called Koodo. No idea if neighbors have cell service. Not likely since it's probably the cell tower
Userlevel 5
I mean to post this as a comment in the large stream above but you can't add pictures to comments. Unfortunately Beth the service agreement will have a clause in it worded something along these lines (This is from my Koodo one dated July 24, 2012). Every provider I've been with has had something very similar in their documents. The two bullet points at the bottom are the important ones in this case.

My phone doesn't have service either. Took out the sim card. nothing. We don't have a storm and we haven't had one... I need my phone...! What can I do? I'm in Montreal