Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is this MMS > e-mail thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since when Koodo sends a message to an e-mail via Telus? Also, the number is pretty weird and not mine...

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Somebody sent you a MMS from a Telus phone Robert that's what it means
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Looks like a Telus number sent an MMS to your email address. Someone could have been trying to text you but added your email address instead of your cell number by mistake
Email users send an MMS message to a customer's handset by emailing 10digitnumber@msg.koodomobile.com. in this escenario it's a TELUS customer that sent you the email. Have a nice day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I forgot mentionning I sent myself a message through my cellphone and it came as I was a telus cutommer... xD Now I look so dumb! Ahaha. I would have not posted if it would've been only this.
Robert wrote:

I forgot mentionning I sent myself a message through my cellphone and it came as I was a telus cu...

a prank post, nice. Hope info was useful
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I forgot mentionning I sent myself a message through my cellphone and it came as I was a telus cu...

No it's not a prank post. I'm curious why the message I sent myself (to my e-mail) being a Koodo customer came in my e-mail from another number with Telus...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

What happens when you reply back? Do you get it on your cell or does it go to the mystery person's number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Considering other people had problems with MMS sent to an e-mail adress Thread here : http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/send_a_text_to_an_email_address I considered this as a useful thread to help this guy out. @Dennis, I don't know... I haven't been able to receive e-mail I sent to my phone neither. Same problem as markj on the other thread
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just MMS'd my email and it works for me. @Robert, you may have to call tech support to resolve why yours is not coming up properly https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/1_inline.bmp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I just MMS'd my email and it works for me. @Robert, you may have to call tech support to ...

This is really weird indeed...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I just MMS'd my email and it works for me. @Robert, you may have to call tech support to ...

I also replied from my email back to my cell and it works too