Koodo Community
Question

What is the toll free customer service number for Koodo in Canada?

• 21 October 2021
  • 9 replies

My phone abruptly stopped working (it will not turn on) but I am away, staying in a hotel. I need to reach customer service, but I cannot schedule a call back through Koodo Assist because I do not have a phone. Calling the non-toll free line will cost me at this hotel, but calling a toll free number will not. What is the toll free customer service number for Koodo in Canada?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it show as charging when you plug it in? Did it have a charge before it wouldn't turn on anymore? If you long hold the power button for 10 seconds does it still not turn on? How old is the phone? What phone do you have?

You do have the option to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out but what are you trying to contact them for?

Does it show as charging when you plug it in? Did it have a charge before it wouldn't turn on anymore? If you long hold the power button for 10 seconds does it still not turn on? How old is the phone? What phone do you have?

You do have the option to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out but what are you trying to contact them for?

Hi Goran, 

I have a Samsung A71, which is approximately 1 year old. The phone was fully charged (~85% at the time it stopped working). I have tried plugging it in and letting it charge for hours, but it does not work either way. I have tried holding the power button for 10-30 seconds, and holding the power and volume button for 10-30 seconds, with no luck. 

I have contacted them on both Facebook and Twitter but have not heard back yet. I’d like to see if I still have a warranty on the phone, or see if they have other suggestions on how to turn it on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you also do the volume down and power button to force restart while connected to a charger? If that still won't do it then yes it should go in for repair.

The warranty is good for one year. So you'd have to check from the day that you bought it in self-serve or looking for your order confirmation email to see the date. They don't respond immediately on FB. Only contacting them once will do. You'll unfortunately have to be patient. Can you go to a Koodo kiosk or seller around you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did the phone have issues prior to this incident?

Have you tried a different charger, cable, and outlet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Goran, 

I have a Samsung A71, which is approximately 1 year old. The phone was fully charged (~85% at the time it stopped working). I have tried plugging it in and letting it charge for hours, but it does not work either way. I have tried holding the power button for 10-30 seconds, and holding the power and volume button for 10-30 seconds, with no luck. 

I have contacted them on both Facebook and Twitter but have not heard back yet. I’d like to see if I still have a warranty on the phone, or see if they have other suggestions on how to turn it on.

Since you have used it for approximately one year, it’s likely it has past your one-year limited warranty. At this point, I would suggest you to find out the source of the problem. You can borrow another USB cable or charger from someone else and see if it charges properly. Otherwise, it may be an issue with your battery. 

Did the phone have issues prior to this incident?

Have you tried a different charger, cable, and outlet? 

Yes, I have tried all of the above. 

The phone had no issues prior to this. It was purchased in December 2020, so is still under warranty.

Hi Goran, 

Since you have used it for approximately one year, it’s likely it has past your one-year limited warranty. At this point, I would suggest you to find out the source of the problem. You can borrow another USB cable or charger from someone else and see if it charges properly. Otherwise, it may be an issue with your battery. 

Yes, I have tried using a different cable, and that same cable charges my other devices, so I assume it is an issue with the phone. It was purchased in December 2020, so is still under warranty, so I think I will contact Samsung.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I have tried using a different cable, and that same cable charges my other devices, so I assume it is an issue with the phone. It was purchased in December 2020, so is still under warranty, so I think I will contact Samsung.

You can contact Samsung by online chat, email, texting “SUPPORT” to WECARE (932-273), or calling them at 1-800-726-7864. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/warranty/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are near a koodo kiosk, you can bring your phone there for them to send out for warranty