Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the process for getting a prepaid plan started?

I currently have an old Koodo phone an LG P500h. We purchased a new Iphone. Can I use this phone as a pay as you go phone? If so how do I do this? Do I have to change the sim card?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... If the phone is a Koodo phone or unlocked, all you need is to purchase a PREPAID sim card, it already comes with a 20$ activation bonus... Then, you visit this website to get the account up and running... http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml As simple as that! Enjoy!
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... If the phone is a Koodo phone or unlocked, all you need is to purchase a PREPAID s...

Thank you very much. As we are no where near a Koodo store I guess I will have to order a sim card on line.
Userlevel 1
I'm not sure what your usage is/will be like, but prepaid trends to be more expensive and more of a hassle than a monthly plan, especially considering koodo now has the $29 promo plan. By bringing your own device, you'll also receive a 10% discount on your monthly plan. Top that with unlimited text, Canada wide calling, voice mail and call display, all four $26 a month and your money goes a lot further. Just food for thought.