Koodo Community
Solved

What is happening to voice mail prompts?

The last few days, when I log into voice mail, the automated lady seems to have overdosed on valium. She's talking slower than ever and spacing out every word and digit, so much so that checking messages has become virtually impossible. What is going on? Already we can't skip through her spelling out the caller's number, now she's talking 5 minutes to say it. This is unacceptable.
icon

Best answer by Dennis 25 June 2019, 17:15

@Treblemaker give it a try again. The issue is supposed to have been fixed
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's weird. Mine talks at a normal speed. How long has this been happening?

What happens when you access your voicemail from a landline?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The last few days, when I log into voice mail, the automated lady seems to have overdosed on valium. She's talking slower than ever and spacing out every word and digit, so much so that checking messages has become virtually impossible. What is going on? Already we can't skip through her spelling out the caller's number, now she's talking 5 minutes to say it. This is unacceptable.

LOOOL it's been happening to me. Especially when she's saying the numbers. It takes a whole 20 seconds to tell me the call was from ..... 5 ...... 1 .... 4 .....
I haven't tried checking my voice mail from a land line. Who has a land line anymore?? But this is still happening. It takes half a day to get my messages. Voice mail is rendered utterly useless at this point. I'd rather deactivate it completely and have people text or email instead. I can't afford to waste the hours it takes for the Koodo voice mail lady to tell me which number left me a message. Plus, this whole inability to speak to anyone at Koodo about anything is really not helping. Does anyone even work here, or has customer service been relegated to unpaid, under-qualified badge earning millennials?? No offense to unpaid, under-qualified badge earning millennials.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I haven't tried checking my voice mail from a land line. Who has a land line anymore?? But this is still happening. It takes half a day to get my messages. Voice mail is rendered utterly useless at this point. I'd rather deactivate it completely and have people text or email instead. I can't afford to waste the hours it takes for the Koodo voice mail lady to tell me which number left me a message. Plus, this whole inability to speak to anyone at Koodo about anything is really not helping. Does anyone even work here, or has customer service been relegated to unpaid, under-qualified badge earning millennials?? No offense to unpaid, under-qualified badge earning millennials.
Well from the person you just insulted, it is still under investigation with their voicemail vendor.

From the person you just insulted, I noticed my voicemail is slow and inconvenient, but not ridiculously slow that it it renders it utterly useless. Maybe your requires additional investigation if it is that much slower than the slow reading of the number that Robert and I are experiencing.

From the person you just insulted, you can disable the call forwarding when unanswered or busy. Just remember to save the mail box number so you can re-add it.

Sincerely,
A millennial taking time out of their day to help you without receiving any pay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Dennis, you received a like 🙂 It can be considered as a pay 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Treblemaker give it a try again. The issue is supposed to have been fixed
The robot lady seems to have ditched the valium in favor of coffee. Finally. So thanks, Dennis, for making my case. If you can't see how it's utterly nonsensical that you're taking time out of your day, without pay, to help customers of a company that offers you nothing in return, then I don't know what to tell you. Sooner or later you'll realize you can't pay your mortgage with badges or cook and eat your likes.

In actual fact, koodo is counting on kind, innocent folks like you so they don't have to reach into their own profits to pay employees to do the work that you're volunteering to undertake for no reason - other than worthless digital praise. Koodos to you. Thanks to the "koodo community," the company no longer feels the need to offer any meaningful support to its customers by actual trained representatives. This is what your millennial dream world is getting us. So thanks, Dennis!
Userlevel 5
In actual fact, koodo is counting on kind, innocent folks like you so they don't have to reach into their own profits to pay employees to do the work that you're volunteering to undertake for no reason - other than worthless digital praise. Koodos to you. Thanks to the "koodo community," the company no longer feels the need to offer any meaningful support to its customers by actual trained representatives.
Outsourcing to cheap labour wasn't enough, now it's free labour.
Userlevel 5
Wait a second. 🤔 If you're complaining about milennials, then you're old, and it's your generation who is responsible for this economy that milennials have to deal with. Those executives who are making these decisions to appease their never ending lust for money are not milennials. You should blame your own generation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The robot lady seems to have ditched the valium in favor of coffee. Finally. So thanks, Dennis, for making my case. If you can't see how it's utterly nonsensical that you're taking time out of your day, without pay, to help customers of a company that offers you nothing in return, then I don't know what to tell you. Sooner or later you'll realize you can't pay your mortgage with badges or cook and eat your likes.

In actual fact, koodo is counting on kind, innocent folks like you so they don't have to reach into their own profits to pay employees to do the work that you're volunteering to undertake for no reason - other than worthless digital praise. Koodos to you. Thanks to the "koodo community," the company no longer feels the need to offer any meaningful support to its customers by actual trained representatives. This is what your millennial dream world is getting us. So thanks, Dennis!

Love the way you described the old lady 🤣

And we're not getting paid, true. But we do get some perks.
Wait a second. 🤔 If you're complaining about milennials, then you're old, and it's your generation who is responsible for this economy that milennials have to deal with. Those executives who are making these decisions to appease their never ending lust for money are not milennials. You should blame your own generation.
I'm not really that old. I'm 38. Say, gen X. And I'm not complaining about millennials, as such. I think they're just being exploited for free, or virtually free service. My rant here was about koodo, not the millennials who've been coaxed into taking time out of their days, as it's been mentioned, to help out users like me. I sincerely hope the perks you mention are worth the effort. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the company is no longer taking responsibility for their own issues. Unpaid volunteers may be able to echo the problems other users are facing and try their best to troubleshoot, but paid reps would have actual access to resources and technical training to get to the root of the problem. As it is now, the customer has to jump through hoops and try to troubleshoot problems themself before exhausting all available options. "Self serve" just means "pay me and figure it out, bud."
Userlevel 5
My only perk is getting banned, and it's taking way too long for @Bernard Koodo to ban me this time. 😥 I'm almost at 100 replies even after all those deleted ones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My only perk is getting banned, and it's taking way too long for @Bernard Koodo to ban me this time. 😥 I'm almost at 100 replies even after all those deleted ones.

We can notify a rep, and see if your perquisite expectations can be fulfilled!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are 38 then you are like me (37) a borderline millennial.

But this is not different than another most other forums. Some people choose to help others and share knowledge. Have you never visited other forums? Forums for tech help, forums for deals. There is a large community of helpers out there who want to share their knowledge. I mean look at those who volunteer at the church, I feel sorry for those suckers 😛
If you are 38 then you are like me (37) a borderline millennial.

But this is not different than another most other forums. Some people choose to help others and share knowledge. Have you never visited other forums? Forums for tech help, forums for deals. There is a large community of helpers out there who want to share their knowledge. I mean look at those who volunteer at the church, I feel sorry for those suckers :p

I'm all for forums. I just don't think they should replace a company's customer service department. And if you're 37, you're not a millennial lol. You're between gen X and y, but certainly not millennial! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's what I thought, until....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_definitions

Apparently Gen Y = Millennials

So we are on the boarder of GenX and Mellennial