Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What constitutes a 'valid alternate phone number'?

I'm migrating my Koodo number to my old landline number, so I have to change my 'alternate phone number' in my profile, since that will shortly be my Koodo main line. But when I change it (to a relative's number), I get a 'please choose a valid number' error message. Any thoughts on what I"m doing wrong? The new number is ten digits, local.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
you are entering it with no spaces or special characters, right? Just the numbers?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

you are entering it with no spaces or special characters, right? Just the numbers?

Correct.
I do know my VOIP provider required another non-voip line as an alternate phone number; would a cell company require a non cell?
MarcusG wrote:

I do know my VOIP provider required another non-voip line as an alternate phone number; would a c...

Good thinking, but the alternate number I'm trying to enter is a landline.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarcusG wrote:

I do know my VOIP provider required another non-voip line as an alternate phone number; would a c...

How strange! I entered a landline as my alternative number on both mine and my husband's (prepaid) account and it was accepted in both cases. You might need to call Koodo (*611) and ask them to enter it for you 🙂
MarcusG wrote:

Unfortunately, Sophia, this list is clear that changing personal information, contact or phone number can't be done by 611. I guess I'll need to call the paid customer service line? http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/using-prepaid-self-serve/what-can-i-do-in-prepaid-self-serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarcusG wrote:

If you explain to them that the site won't accept your input, they certainly won't charge you 🙂 *611 is a free call and they ONLY charge if they do something you should be doing yourself... but when you explain you tried, they will waiver that 🙂 Trust me 😃
Userlevel 4
MarcusG wrote:

I will back you up on that, Sophia. As a Koodo agent, we are able to adjust the $10 service fee for those that are having issues in Self Serve.
Userlevel 2
Hey K O! Koodo Self Serve is optimized for Internet Explorer 7 and above, and Mozilla Firefox 3 and above. Please try again, using either one of these browsers. You can also try clearing your browser cookies and cache, closing your browser. I hope it will make a difference!
Vincent wrote:

Hey K O! Koodo Self Serve is optimized for Internet Explorer 7 and above, and Mozilla Firefox ...

Thanks for the suggestion, Vincent. But I did try in both Chrome and Firefox (v21.0). No luck.
For what it's worth to anyone reading this in the future, I did call 611, and they assured me I wasn't doing anything wrong. They were able to change the alternate number manually, and blamed 'ongoing upgrades to systems interfering'. They also waived the $5 fee. I will note that more than 24 hours later, my profile does still read the original (unchanged) phone number. Hopefully that change will show up soon.