Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What company own koodo

18 replies

Userlevel 2
Telus
Userlevel 7
Interestingly enough, I actually have seperate field reps for Telus and Koodo and I even have to separate/file our copies of customer agreements for each carrier into different folders. Rogers/Fido is one rep/folder, Bell/Virgin is one rep/folder, but Telus/Koodo... separate.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Interestingly enough, I actually have seperate field reps for Telus and Koodo and I even have to ...

Koodo is so awesome, they require it
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Interestingly enough, I actually have seperate field reps for Telus and Koodo and I even have to ...

That probably has to do with accounting more then anything I'd imagine....
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Hello Jonathan, I can probably shed more light into that. Koodo is owned by the Telus Inc. umbrella not Telus Mobility. This is the reason why koodo and telus systems dont talk to each other unlike the other carriers. If I was a virgin sales rep, I can just go to a bell location to get inventory and theres no problem. With Koodo we cant just go to a Telus location to get it. Hope this makes more sense.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Man that sucks. Bell/Virgin customers can actually benefit by having their providers under the same "umbrella", but Telus/Koodo customers have no direct benefit it appears.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Thats true but since we run independently than Telus Mobility, we have more control. That is why we offer the best customer service in Canada base on 2012 J.D. Power and Associates. Plus, we have the best and largest 4G/LTE Network in Canada and the most coverage than Rogers Wireless/Fido. People who have a crudge with Telus will have a peace of mind that they are not running Koodo Mobile.
Jonathan I wrote:

Well wireless service in Canada in general is prehistoric in terms of services offerings.. You have no tiered ratings, no anniversary ratings, no dynamic promotions, no QOS based data rating, etc to name few
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Since we're thoroughly going off topic 😃 Talk about Koodo itself and their huge gap between postpaid and prepaid, it's almost like two different companies! Everything is different, even the SIM card... the perks, pricing, addons and everything! If Koodo offered a plan that was as good as Prepaid for a light user like me, I'd switch today 😃 (Yes, I was tempted with the double minutes/data offer... But then again there is no incentive of switching, since I'd lose all the remaining booster data and minutes, sniff.....)
Jonathan I wrote:

So Telus owns Koodo and is totally separate from Bell ? I just had an arguement with a friend that said that here in Canada bell owns Telus and koodo and they all use the same towers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

They do use the same towers 🙂 But they are still a completely separate company from Bell... and yes Telus owns Koodo.
Jonathan I wrote:

Where koodo company from? If it's from why not hire canadians instead south american like El Salvador. Jobs are going to other countries.
Jonathan I wrote:

If koodo company is from canada why not hire canadians as call centre agents. Everytime I call there is a south America agent is answering it's difficult for us to communicate.
Jonathan I wrote:

Hire canadians as call centre agents keep the jobs in canada.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure, if you'd like your plan prices to go up. Outsourcing is cheaper for businesses. Businesses exist to make money. You can't have a $12 tee shirt while at the same time complaining that it's made in Bangladesh. The cost is doing business is far higher in Canada/USA due to minimum wages, benefits, etc. It sucks, but that's the way it is. It's all about the profit margin. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Even those humans will rapidly be replaced by computers, as most companies are already doing... putting even those people out of a job soon.
Jonathan I wrote:

That make sense, fair enough good point Cory z
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

It also provides opportunity in those countries for people to be able to improve their lives, and that of their families. While waiting for a device reboot one time, I had a great chat with an offshore CSR about Christmas and its importance to her family, and how her current job allowed her to provide things to her children she could not have done otherwise. There are huge positives to offshore tasks, especially for jobs Canadians aren't so keen to accept.