Koodo Community
Solved

Went through 2GB of data in 10 seconds - no notifications

Last night I was downloading a game on my PC. I plugged my phone into my computer to charge and very quickly got a notification saying I’d used 100% of my data... I hadn’t even gotten a notification for 50% or anything. I realised soon after that for some reason my computer redirected the wifi to my iPhones data and used that instead of its own wifi card... so it just instantly burned through all of my data. I had not touched anything, I just plugged it in. Is there anything I can do about this? I didn’t receive the 50% or 90% text notifications I’m supposed to get. I’ve never even used all of my data before. If it were near the end of the month I would probably not complain but I still have weeks left before it will restart. 😞
icon

Best answer by David AKU 17 November 2018, 23:48

If you went through data anywhere near that fast, you would receive no notifications, as they aren't generated instantly, but take a minute or so to be sent.

Since your laptop could only use your phone for data if it was connected to the personal hotspot of the phone, the act of turning off the hotspot, or deleting the auto connect option of the laptop for the hotspot will prevent recurrence of the issue.

You can of course make use of the option to purchase enough extra data fo the rest on the month, and be happy your data was 'Shock-Free' and paused at 100%, rather than carrying over to $50 in overages..

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd have to call and see if koodo când do something about it. Unfortunately on the community we can't acess your account. Also next time try and make sure personal hotspot is disabled when you're not using
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you went through data anywhere near that fast, you would receive no notifications, as they aren't generated instantly, but take a minute or so to be sent.

Since your laptop could only use your phone for data if it was connected to the personal hotspot of the phone, the act of turning off the hotspot, or deleting the auto connect option of the laptop for the hotspot will prevent recurrence of the issue.

You can of course make use of the option to purchase enough extra data fo the rest on the month, and be happy your data was 'Shock-Free' and paused at 100%, rather than carrying over to $50 in overages..