Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Weird text messages & they know my name?

Hi, just today I have been receiving lots of texts from different numbers, some of which include my name in their texts. All of them are along the lines of seeing my ad on kijiji and wondering if I am looking for work and that they have job opportunities. Also received a phone call from a private number of what seems to be a girl crying.. This is really weird and I don't want to deal with this nonsense anymore. Does anyone know what's going on and how to put an end to this? Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you looked on Kijiji to see if someone created an ad with your personal information? That would be my first thought, it being early in April...... You should be able to contact kijiji and have then remove your personal info. If it becomes a problem, you can choose to change your number in self serve. However, it may also blow over in short order.
Userlevel 6
As dfbutt said someone may have played April fool's on you.
Userlevel 3
Also specific #'s can be blocked if you have a Samsung. Or you can download an app to block #'s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Funny April Fools I haven'T thought myself! I'll note it up somewhere!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The girl crying is slightly creepy. Have you tried replying to one of the texts and see if they can say wherethey got your number?
Hi, yes I have. But they never replied back. I have gotten 10 different texts from 10 different numbers in the past 12 hrs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try looking your number up on Google or check the numbers you get calls from here : http://checkwhocalled.com