Koodo Community
Question

Weak signal with one signal bar

• 18 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

This sim card I’ve used one month only has one maximum two signal bars, no matter where I use and which kind of cellphone I use. Phone call was hard to make or turned off automatically,  especially inside a building.

I got a callback from koodo supporter to reset network and to open the wi-fi call in the configuration. Now I can make phone call, but the signal is still weak (only with one bar) outside some time at downtown area.

What can I do? Is it a simcard problem? Do I need to change a simcard? 

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to see if it’s a phone problem or SIM problem.

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to see if it’s a phone problem or SIM problem.

Hi Thank you for reply. 

Yes, I’ve tried four different type of cells, none with better signal.  By the way, before this Sim card, I was using Kodoo prepaid Sim card about 2 years, always regular signals.

Badge +4

Have you tried switching to 4G or 3G?

While LTE offers faster data transfer rates, its range is limited in some areas. Depending on where you are in a building (e.g. elevator, hallway, underground parking) signal reception can vary greatly. Try restarting your iPhone, first. If no luck, follow the steps below.

To change to 4G/3G go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options - tap Voice & Data and select 4G or 3G. Check to see if signal strength and call quality have improved.