Koodo Community
Solved

watchproblem

I have an A1 smart watch and is asking for a sim card.I have a Huawei P30 lite phone does koodo supprt this

icon

Best answer by rikkster 5 April 2021, 23:18

I have an A1 smart watch and is asking for a sim card.I have a Huawei P30 lite phone does koodo supprt this

The A1 smartwatch supports 2G only, Koodo does not have a 2G network. The A1s smartwatch supports 3G only. Koodo does not support smartwatches at this time, unfortunately. Wireless providers that offer smartwatch plans today want smartwatches that are 4G LTE capable. 

I watched a few videos on the A1 and I see that the ‘Insert SIM card’ message repeats itself frequently. There doesn’t appear to be a way to get around this without installing a SIM card. If you’re in the market for a cellular-equipped smartwatch and you can find a second-hand Samsung Gear LTE or Galaxy Watch LTE, you’ll have better luck in terms of compatibility with wireless providers that offer smartwatch plans.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo doesn’t support any smartwatches. They also do not offer any smartwatch plans. If you want to get a data plan for it, you will have to check out Telus, Bell, Rogers, or Freedom Mobile. 

Other than that, I don’t think you will have any other issues. It should be able to pair your A1 smart watch to your Huawei P30 lite through Bluetooth.

Badge +4

The A1 smartwatch supports 2G only, Koodo does not have a 2G network. The A1s smartwatch supports 3G only. Koodo does not support smartwatches at this time, unfortunately. Wireless providers that offer smartwatch plans today want smartwatches that are 4G LTE capable. 

I watched a few videos on the A1 and I see that the ‘Insert SIM card’ message repeats itself frequently. There doesn’t appear to be a way to get around this without installing a SIM card. If you’re in the market for a cellular-equipped smartwatch and you can find a second-hand Samsung Gear LTE or Galaxy Watch LTE, you’ll have better luck in terms of compatibility with wireless providers that offer smartwatch plans.