Koodo Community
Question

Washington, D.C. Spam calls?

All of my friends who use Koodo having been getting spam calls from Washington, D.C. lately about a "free trip" they've won and how they need your credit card information. Today I got one of the calls as well. Does this mean someone at Koodo has sold our information and numbers to scammers? I don't want to have to worry about identity theft while I'm with Koodo... I've had my number for years and this is the first spam call I've received.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Koodo does not sell numbers. There are various ways for these services to obtain numbers.
I just thought it was strange how it's only the Koodo users I know getting calls from the exact same number. I have no idea who scammers get information lol.
Userlevel 6
I just thought it was strange how it's only the Koodo users I know getting calls from the exact s...It's not just koodo. Everyone gets those calls once in a while. They are just randomly dialling using an automated service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just thought it was strange how it's only the Koodo users I know getting calls from the exact s...Ya my wife's on Bell (Just until her contract is up then she will be coming to Koodo ;-)) and she has gotten the same call about winning a big prize and all they need is your credit card #. Scams are rampant this day in age the only downside of Technology. just be careful and never give out your credit card #, even for shopping online IMO.
I just thought it was strange how it's only the Koodo users I know getting calls from the exact s...I got this same call last week before I migrated to Koodo (on a Bell PAYG). Such an annoyance isn't it.
Userlevel 1
go to google and do a search for the number. 800notes.com should be one of the sites and that can tell you if others have had the same call and resolutions to such calls. Due to the number being a long distance call, i would not recommend to call it back. Most telemarketting companies will allow someone to call the number on the call display and the automated system will give an option to be removed from their calling list
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did they know you by name? Have you ever downloaded apps outside the app store? Is there an app that all your friends and you have in common? Do you have your # displayed on Facebook?
Userlevel 1
Is it that stupid cruise ship call?
Userlevel 7
Is it that stupid cruise ship call? I soon as I hear the horn sound I hang up lol
Userlevel 1
Is it that stupid cruise ship call? One day, I'm going to follow up with that call just to see. I know I can probably google it but where's the fun in that?
This, like a LOT of the phone scams out there basically cold call randomly. I don't get any of these calls on my cell, but mostly my home phone I do (e.g. "Windows Support"). As long as you don't give them any personal information you have nothing to worry about.