Koodo Community
Solved

WARNING AGAINST USING KOODOO

I have been a koodoo customer with 3 phones on my bill for close to 8 or 9 years. I sent a phone in for repairs and they are stating physical damage with a bill of $400. They are providing no information what the physical damage is. I have contacted customer service supervisor as well as kiosk where phone was sent to nobody has the information. They have said that they can access whatever physical damage they want and we have no options. Keep in mind this phone is only 4 - 6 months old. I am going to go to BBB and local news as well as social media. We have been left with the option to pay for a phone that no longer works, they refuse to give me any information on what has happened and told me to go ahead and do what I need to do.
icon

Best answer by S van Dusen 12 July 2019, 22:33

@S van Dusen It was great talking to you. As per our discussion we are looking into making sure things get resolved to a good outcome.
Thank you for taking your time today to find a resolution. I am very happy koodo has decided to replace this phone and will be sending another phone. What a relief it is to know they are still the reputable company I signed up with. Unfortunately it appears to have been more of an issue with the kiosk not the koodo company. I still don't understand the dynamics but am thrilled to be in the process of resolving this issue. A big thumbs up to Eli and Bernard for taking the time out of their day and schedule to help me resolve this problem. Very grateful for all the help ❤️❤️.
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sorru to hear that it came to that. You can always try contacting Huawei Canada directly about it fwiw. Maybe a rep here can look further into it if there'll be something else they can find. I'll flag this post and hope for the best.
Userlevel 3
Hello there! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding your account with the email address you have on file. When you get a chance please send us a private message on Facebook so we could look into the issue with you - https://m.me/Koodo .
Hello there! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding your account with the email address you have on file. When you get a chance please send us a private message on Facebook so we could look into the issue with you - https://m.me/Koodo .
I would love to come to some sort of a fair resolution for this issue. I have spent my entire day on this today. I feel totally violated as a customer and left in a very bad situation. I have done everything I can on my end as the customer. I have been loyal and a customer of 8 years. As I mentioned I just don't think it's fair I have to pay a price for damage they are not even able to provide me how it occured or what happened to me that appears to be robbery. I have pm'd my info to the link you have provided. I am not that computer savvy so hopefully pm got to you.
I'm sorru to hear that it came to that. You can always try contacting Huawei Canada directly about it fwiw. Maybe a rep here can look further into it if there'll be something else they can find. I'll flag this post and hope for the best.
Thank you so much for that. I will try and find information on how to contact them directly. Do you have any suggestions on which provider would be good to switch to. I have been with koodo for such a long time that I don't even know where to start. Of course I'm not the greatest at that. So many providers and I don't want to end up getting myself in this situation again. Something for people to beware of I just learned from my daughter that anything can void the warranty. So basically warranty is useless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When sending a phone out for repair you wouldve had to either a) preapprove repairs about to X amount of dollars or b) would be contacted with a quote on how much it would cost to repair the phone.

If they went with option a then it's not their fault and you preapproved those repairs.
If they went with option b then you can kindly deny the request and get your phone back and take it elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think it best at this point to keep it to within a single thread out of the 3 for further discussion and resolution.

Mayumi in another one has provided Huawei Canada's contact that you can find on their site. A rep had also asked you to contact them via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter or provide an email to find your account to link into.
I think it best at this point to keep it to within a single thread out of the 3 for further discussion and resolution.

Mayumi in another one has provided Huawei Canada's contact that you can find on their site. A rep had also asked you to contact them via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter or provide an email to find your account to link into.

I have dealt with the Rep. she is saying the same thing. I am expected to pay for a quote with no explanation on how they came to this conclusion. So we have already made the hour drive to the kiosk and were told we have to wait until phone is returned and they MAY be able to let us know why the repair place came to this conclusion. They told us loyalty team should be able to provide us with information. Koodo can check the 2 hour conversation with loyalty and they said the kiosk was passing the ball that it was their responsibility. Again paying a service I have no idea what it's for makes no sense. Instead of advertising 1 year parts and service Koodo should advertise buyer beware. At least that would give the customer a fair warning. They should be prepared to back such a new product or at the very least provide and explanation. The Koodo rep I pmd was absolutely no assistance whatsoever. As far as information for the supplier of the phone I will most definitely make contact with them because Koodo has made it crystal clear they have zero intention of any sort of customer service. Lesson learned.

I have dealt with the Rep. she is saying the same thing. I am expected to pay for a quote with no explanation on how they came to this conclusion. So we have already made the hour drive to the kiosk and were told we have to wait until phone is returned and they MAY be able to let us know why the repair place came to this conclusion. They told us loyalty team should be able to provide us with information. Koodo can check the 2 hour conversation with loyalty and they said the kiosk was passing the ball that it was their responsibility. Again paying a service I have no idea what it's for makes no sense. Instead of advertising 1 year parts and service Koodo should advertise buyer beware. At least that would give the customer a fair warning. They should be prepared to back such a new product or at the very least provide and explanation. The Koodo rep I pmd was absolutely no assistance whatsoever. As far as information for the supplier of the phone I will most definitely make contact with them because Koodo has made it crystal clear they have zero intention of any sort of customer service. Lesson learned.

If I can figure out how to send a pic of my conversation with rep that I was basically told tough luck by the third person today. How they can make sense of paying a $400 quote without an explanation as to what is wrong makes me leary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The problem isnt with Koodo, its with the phone manufacturer and their chosen authorized repair dealers.
Thats why you're receiving the help that you are. You need to reach out to the manufacturer as it's their fault.

If you buy a faulty Honda from a Joe's car shop you dont go after joe, you go after Honda. Koodo just sells the phones, they dont make or service them.
The problem isnt with Koodo, its with the phone manufacturer and their chosen authorized repair dealers.
Thats why you're receiving the help that you are. You need to reach out to the manufacturer as it's their fault.

If you buy a faulty Honda from a Joe's car shop you dont go after joe, you go after Honda. Koodo just sells the phones, they dont make or service them.

To me that makes no sense at. As a matter of fact when you purchase a vehicle from a reputable company such as Ford they will deal with the issue. Most of the time they will do the work and provide a courtesy car. Koodo did provide loaner phone but once we got back from the hour drive to the nearest kiosk found it didn't hold a charge. So we had to switch our business phone and go without business phone. As I see it a reputable company would back the product they are selling. Considering its under 6 months old the responsibility should be koodos to work this out as they sold us the lemon. Or again they should warn buyer beware and I would use another provider. That's why I chose not to purchase through"joes car shop" and to what I thought a reputable company. Clearly the big guys can do whatever they want. If you are saying you would pay Honda just Willy nilly for some outrageous quote they have given you with no explanation for a brand new car I guess there's a sicker born everyday. That makes absolutely no sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately it seems that youre stuck contacting Huawei and are essentially on your own.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@S van Dusen It was great talking to you. As per our discussion we are looking into making sure things get resolved to a good outcome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well I'm glad to stand corrected!
Thank you for taking your time today to find a resolution. I am very happy koodo has decided to replace this phone and will be sending another phone. What a relief it is to know they are still the reputable company I signed up with. Unfortunately it appears to have been more of an issue with the kiosk not the koodo company. I still don't understand the dynamics but am thrilled to be in the process of resolving this issue. A big thumbs up to Eli and Bernard for taking the time out of their day and schedule to help me resolve this problem. Very grateful for all the help ❤️❤️.
Well I'm glad to stand corrected!
Yes me too. I'm so grateful to this community for most of their advice and suggestions. Extremely grateful and thankful to Koodo for going above and beyond. They have proven to be the company they claim to be. Great company and it just ended up being a huge communication error.