Koodo Community
Solved

Volte recorded message

• 27 February 2021
  • 6 replies

EVERY time I go to make a phone call I first have to listen to the entire prerecorded message telling me to upgrade to the VOLTE network so I don’t experience service interruptions when there is a system upgrade March 16th. I did switch my phone to VOLTE in settings as directed several days ago, hoping this would stop the endless messages. It has not, and when I only have a few minutes and need to make an important call, I still am subjected to this lengthy reminder. It is ridiculous that Koodo can’t determine that I have upgraded and stop this from happening. Plus, my fear is, this will continue past the March 16th deadline. I have always been a big Koodo fan, but this may send me over to TEAM Rogers with the rest of my family if they won’t stop this harassment. They should have warned me by text once or twice, maybe an email, and then possibly verbal reminders before 2 calls. If I don’t switch and experience issues, there could be a reminder on the website to change to VOLTE setting.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Robert T 28 February 2021, 16:13

Maybe they have no way of knowing if you add it or not. The add on on your account. Therefore, it will say that message until the network upgrade on March 16.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

That would be a Koodo network issue. You'll have to try and get ahold of tech

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get a ticket opened to see why you're still getting reminders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe they have no way of knowing if you add it or not. The add on on your account. Therefore, it will say that message until the network upgrade on March 16.

I’m on the flipside of this, my Pixel 2 (purchased from Koodo so they should know) does not support VoLTE, and I also get the aggravating pre-call messages, text messages, automated phone calls, and emails.

I have phoned in to have my account manually flagged to not get these interruptions, took me over an hour, and the message went away. UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. Back to square one. If this doesn’t end March 15th I’m bailing on Koodo/Telus, it’s ridiculous.

I’m on the flipside of this, my Pixel 2 (purchased from Koodo so they should know) does not support VoLTE, and I also get the aggravating pre-call messages, text messages, automated phone calls, and emails.

I have phoned in to have my account manually flagged to not get these interruptions, took me over an hour, and the message went away. UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. Back to square one. If this doesn’t end March 15th I’m bailing on Koodo/Telus, it’s ridiculous.

Unbelievably bad customer service that they are not able to permanently fix this for you! It’s a shame because otherwise I have always been in their corner...

Ok folks - I found the solution! I had switched to VOLTE in the settings, but was getting the auto messages making every call. It wasn’t until I powered down my phone completely, and brought it back up, that the robo messages stopped. Thank god, I was at my wit’s end!