Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail Notification not Going Away

• 5 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone and I switched over to Koodo. After receiving my first voicemail on the phone, a notification showed up. So I called the number, set up my voicemail as prompted, and then deleted the voicemail. But the notification didn’t go away - it’s been stuck on my screen for almost a week.

I’ve tried restarting my phone, clearing the data and cache of the phone app, even leaving myself a voicemail and then deleting that one. The notification just won’t go away, even though the system says I have no messages every time I call.

How can I get it to work properly? Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by RollTheDice 6 September 2021, 06:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone and I switched over to Koodo. After receiving my first voicemail on the phone, a notification showed up. So I called the number, set up my voicemail as prompted, and then deleted the voicemail. But the notification didn’t go away - it’s been stuck on my screen for almost a week.

I’ve tried restarting my phone, clearing the data and cache of the phone app, even leaving myself a voicemail and then deleting that one. The notification just won’t go away, even though the system says I have no messages every time I call.

How can I get it to work properly? Thanks for any help.

It sounds like technical support is needed to fix this issue. I would suggest you to contact a Koodo rep by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone? I wonder if the notification of the phone got stuck with some notification from previous carrier.

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up calling customer service and they managed to solve the problem - which was an issue on their end. I would delete this post but I don’t think I’m able to. Cheers!