The following requirements detail improvements that could be done to Koodo's voicemail application:
1) The voicemail shall allow the user to enter their email address
2) The voicemail shall email the user a transcribed version of any voicemails that are left, along with details of the number the call came from, and time of day
3) The voicemail shall allow the user to opt in or out of this option
4) If this option is selected, the voicemail will have a shorter storage time for unsaved messages
5) The voicemail shall allow the user to respond to the email with a keyword such as "Save" or "Delete", which will instruct the voicemail on how it should handle the message.
The reasons why this would be an improvement are as follows:
1) The user will have an emailed record of their voice mails. The user will be at lower risk of losing a message that they have written on paper and then deleted.
2) The voicemail would require less storage space because users would not need to store them anymore
3) Some users can check their email from work but cannot check their phones. This would give them access to their messages quicker.