Koodo Community
Solved

Visa Card Gift

• 1 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Hello,

I recently upgraded my phone online and it showed I would receive a $100 Visa Gift Card  and the nitty gritty stated “For new activations and phone upgrades only. Free bonus gift when you buy online at koodomobile.com. Free gift amount at participating Koodo store and retail partner locations may vary. While quantities last.”

However l, I received the phone and new SIM card but unfortunately the gift card wasn’t included. Is this something that gets shipped out separately? 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 1 September 2020, 22:01

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In their website, when you click the little (i) next to the text “Plus $100 gift card”, there would be another note that the $100 is for new activation only. I guess they could have made it clearer to avoid confusion.

Yeah it did say For new activations and phone upgrades only. Free bonus gift when you buy online at koodomobile.com.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah it did say For new activations and phone upgrades only. Free bonus gift when you buy online at koodomobile.com.

I am confused. You mentioned you “upgraded” in the 1st post. In my screenshot, the offer is for “new customers activating on the Tab”, it wasn’t applicable if you were an existing customer who upgraded.

I did upgrade. And I understand what you are saying about your screenshot. But maybe different offers for different accounts?

However as stated in my original post it did say “For new activations and phone upgrades only. Free bonus gift when you buy online at koodomobile.com.”  This was what it showed when I checked the details

but my original question was if the gift are came with the phone or if it is sent separately?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My screenshot was for a generic account. I didn’t sign into my account to take that snapshot.

Re “original question”, if you are eligible the giftcard should be shipped with the phone.

I also am looking at getting one of the new phones but we do not have a tab and mine says:

Only available with new activations on the Tab. Bonus VISA® Gift Card when you buy online at koodomobile.com. Value of the gift card can vary based on Koodo location. While qualities last.

This would be a new activation on the tab since my husband just brought his old phone with him, now he wants a new one with Koodo so we should get a gift card since he did not have a tab???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I also am looking at getting one of the new phones but we do not have a tab and mine says:

Only available with new activations on the Tab. Bonus VISA®️ Gift Card when you buy online at koodomobile.com. Value of the gift card can vary based on Koodo location. While qualities last.

This would be a new activation on the tab since my husband just brought his old phone with him, now he wants a new one with Koodo so we should get a gift card since he did not have a tab???

Are you an existing customer and upgrading on an existing line?. With Koodo, it isn’t considered as a “new activation”. A new activation meant either “new customer” or “new additional line”. A new phone on an existing line is considered as “upgrade”.

I think they need to be doing something about their wording then,  it says new activation on the Tab, we don’t have a tab so to me that means we should qualify.

I agree with something needs to change with the wording. Very hard to decipher what this deal means until you go through all the steps and have everything in the cart. And then still it is confusing if you qualify as an existing member or not.

I got a Koodo phone given to me from my brother over 13 years ago. When It cam time for a new phone, I got one at best buy, and got a 100 or 150 dollar visa, which I promptly used at their store. The next time, I also received a visa bonus at the best buy, but next time I needed a phone I was told nope you are an existing customer.

Now my phone has a broken screen, and I think I owe 393 dollars before I can get one, plus next months bill, and one of the ones I would get has a visa bonus for 100, but I am not eligible. By the way the phone that is now broken, a Motorola hyper one, now has a 75 dollar visa card, which I can’t receive any, and sure am not going to buy another on of them. It lasted a year before it got messed up.

Staff is always cool, but this now bonus to existing customers is bullshit, and I am paying my 393-473 amount owing tomorrow and am going to a new store. I know twice with Koodo I received a visa bonus, so I just don’t care they said that’s never how it worked.

Tomorrow afternoon is the last chance a rep will have to contact, which I doubt very much will occur. I am sick of this monthly contract crap

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got a Koodo phone given to me from my brother over 13 years ago. When It cam time for a new phone, I got one at best buy, and got a 100 or 150 dollar visa, which I promptly used at their store. The next time, I also received a visa bonus at the best buy, but next time I needed a phone I was told nope you are an existing customer.

Now my phone has a broken screen, and I think I owe 393 dollars before I can get one, plus next months bill, and one of the ones I would get has a visa bonus for 100, but I am not eligible. By the way the phone that is now broken, a Motorola hyper one, now has a 75 dollar visa card, which I can’t receive any, and sure am not going to buy another on of them. It lasted a year before it got messed up.

Staff is always cool, but this now bonus to existing customers is bullshit, and I am paying my 393-473 amount owing tomorrow and am going to a new store. I know twice with Koodo I received a visa bonus, so I just don’t care they said that’s never how it worked.

Tomorrow afternoon is the last chance a rep will have to contact, which I doubt very much will occur. I am sick of this monthly contract crap

@snistin : You can’t ask for a call back through this forum. If you would like to contact them, you can schedule a callback or chat with a rep via social media platforms (link at the bottom of the forum).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

-You said you bought a phone from Best Buy and received a gift card. They have their own promo  going  sometimes and you would receive their BB gift card. 

You will face this 2 years contract  with any other provider.  Shop around and switch over as a new customer.  Just  make sure to check what will happen when you break contract on each provider.