Koodo Community

Community

Very Fustrated! Cant Get through and am getting hung up on consistantly!

I am feeling very frustrated much like many others because I cant get through to change my plan. I have had several bouts of long holding time with the koodo system hanging up on me automatically after hours of waiting. One of the times I was able to get through to an operator she expressed that it would be no issue to change my plan to the $60 10GB deal that is on right now but that I would have to be transferred to a different department and they were closed. I do appreciate that she called me back the following day and transferred me through to them but I waited on hold for over two hours and then got hung up on.

I would like to remain with koodo as I have been with this carrier for years, but this puts me in a tough spot. At least if there were some assurance that they were busy but would be able to honor the deal and change my plan in a week or so when their situation becomes more manageable, I would appreciate it. This is a tough situation because I know other carriers would honor the offer right now. Please what can I do and whom can I go to so that I avoid potentially having to switch carriers because of technical issues.

14 replies

Just be patient... eventually I got through a few minutes ago and got the promo plan! I was almost ready to go to Fido. But if possible I wanted to avoid changing carriers.
45mns wait to get through Koodo CS, then transferred to retentions department, waited about 2hours. I got hung up on a few times while getting through to CS. I'm glad they didn't hung up during next process.

Good luck !!
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Just be patient... eventually I got through a few minutes ago and got the promo plan! I was almos...

I have been going through this for about 3 days now. currently, I am unable to even get to the point of being on hold again. I want to give my koodo reps the benefit of the doubt, and I def understand the challenge with being under staffed or not expecting such a large call volume... Like I said I don't mind waiting a week or whatever till a time where they have caught back up to stay with them but I think its unfair if after being on hold multiple times and hung up on several times if they don't honor the deal.
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Just be patient... eventually I got through a few minutes ago and got the promo plan! I was almos...

Last 2days of the promo.. I bet the volume of call is crazy. and also it depends on the time you call too. lunch time and 3-4pm which is people leaving work. I just kept trying calling, I waited a bit if I couldn't even call (it showed "failed to call" ).. with cookies and coffee in my hands, watching tv with low volume, left my phone speaker on, tried to call if hung up... luckily I was off from work today. If I was at work I know it would have been difficult to check on the phone constantly. 😞
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Hitomi thanks for the kind words I have been doing the same I have calling throughout the day and evening for the last few days, I hope I hear something back from them in regards to this... I am genuinely trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and want to work with the koodo team. I hope its not naive of me to give them the benefit of the doubt like this.

Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

I hope it will all work out for you. Having been doing this for a few days is extremely frustrating 😞 Koodo might extend the promo period, or increase reps. They know the issues... Good luck..!!!
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Thanks Hitomi hopefully I hear from someone from koodo
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

So I got through after many hours of waiting, but what I did the last time after being hung up, was after being on hold for an hour with one call, I added another call to my line, calling 611... it wouldn't go through the first few times, but then eventually did... then after about 15 or so minutes on the second call, it was answered and then the guy said if we hung up and he called me back it would be 1 hour and 20 minutes to get through to retentions, which is what happened... then a few minutes and the lady set me up with the plan... but ya, shows that they aren't answering the calls in sequence... sorta annoying.
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Call 8552052112 I waited only 10 mins...
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Unfortunately,  I have been calling and not a single one has gone through I continually get a msg that their call volumes are high and it hangs up
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

geez that's crazy
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

This has been resolved after many days of hold and calls not going through.... im happy to have the plan and supportive of what koodo is trying to do. My only thing is in the future if they see these happening a simple straight forward solution is to lock in the offering for the customer and create a wait list I am sure most people wouldn't mind waiting a few days as long as they know they will receive the package
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Congrats!:)
Hitomi Tsurumaki wrote:

Koodo is frustrating the heck out of me. I lost count how many time I hve been disconnected and the last time after being on hold for almost two hours. They should have this set up so you can do it inline since they cant handle the call volume and the atores cant help current customers. What a stupid policy. #frustrated
I've been hung up on twice Now, second time someone clearly picked up and then hung up. Absolutely BS. I'm filling a complaint with better business Worst support ever. Screw you koodo I'm going with fido done with your BS