Koodo Community
Solved

Verification Process for Online Order

• 30 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, i need some help please. I placed an order online on Nov 26 for a new phone and a mobile plan; I am trying to become a new customer. I got a phone call on Saturday from someone saying they were from Koodo and needed to complete some kind of verification process (for the credit check, I guess? I don't know). The caller started asking me questions I wasn't comfortable answering (about my Social Insurance number, date of birth etc); since this was a call I myself did not initiate, and the call display just showed an 866 number and no business name, I felt I should make sure the call was legit and that this phone number I was being called from was actually a Koodo phone number. I asked if I could call Koodo back myself, so I would feel more comfortable. The caller said sure, gave me the general customer service number and told me that when I called back to "just say you are calling to complete the verification process for an online order". 
Well, I tried to call back many times but there is no option to get a person on the phone this way!  I tried using the online chat, but it is automated and was totally unhelpful in this case.  I booked a callback for later that day, but the person who eventually called me back was not authorised to help me, and apparently the department I needed to speak with was closed. He was nice, but he couldn't help me and didn't know what to suggest, except to wait for someone to phone me back. He said he put some notes on my file. 
To date, no one has phoned me back and I have tried calling and booking yet another callback, but the appointments being offered to me are all later this evening, when the department I need will, I assume, be closed again. 
I really want to get this sorted out so that my order can proceed and I can get my new phone. I'm also concerned because the fellow who called me back on Saturday said they only usually need to do a "verification process" when there is some sort of problem with the credit card provided by the new customer, so that understandably has me worried. 
Please help, I'm quite frustrated and I'm not even technically a customer yet. thank you

icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 30 November 2020, 21:12

@Teagirljill - I’m not seeing an active account linked to the email address you’re using here, and since this is a public forum, we’re limited to the info we can request. Can you please shoot us a private message via Twitter or Facebook? One of our reps will be able to authenticate you and help look into the situation there. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Teagirljill - I’m not seeing an active account linked to the email address you’re using here, and since this is a public forum, we’re limited to the info we can request. Can you please shoot us a private message via Twitter or Facebook? One of our reps will be able to authenticate you and help look into the situation there. 

Thank you for the reply. I have sent a message via Facebook. I could provide you with my order number, if it helps, but not sure if that's okay/safe to do here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No harm in sharing your order number on the community, but since we know the inquiry is related to verification that is needed to complete your order, it’s best to do that in private over Facebook. Someone will get back to you shortly! :)