Koodo Community

Community

Solved

USA Texting - $5 per Text!

Userlevel 3
So on occasion I go to the U.S. for a few hours.  I don't use my phone because roaming rate are still outrageous IMO. (Except maybe Rogers $5 for everything plan)

The new Koodo texting plan for $5 per 100 Texts sounds great, but no.  So we go over to the U.S. and send 1 (one) text message.  We will not return until after our billing cycle.  So that 1 (one) text message will cost $5 plus HST.

I did not signup for any plan, nor do I want the $5/100 Text based on my usage patterns.   Now if that 100 Texts were to last indefinitely, then maybe that would work for me.  However, using the bill cycle is flawed logic.  Go on your bill date and get double charged $5/100 and then again the next day $5/100.  How is this an improvement?

This is not an improvement for the Customer...

Koodo, how are you going to address this issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I agree with you 100% Pay-per-use should be by the min/sms/mb. Buckets of items should be reserved for add-ons. When this was first introduced during summer, the Mobile Masters also had their annual visit to the Koodo head office. It was one of the complaints that I had personally brought up. If it was truly pay-per-use then it should be $0.05/text. However it seems the complaints on this community regarding this issue has been few and far between 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The title is quite misleading. I understand what you're saying and I agree that there should be a pay-per-use option, but this may make customers think that they'll be charged $5 each time they send a message while south of the border.
Userlevel 3
Ivan wrote:

The title is quite misleading. I understand what you're saying and I agree that there should be a...

And they should understand that. This is truely $5 for your first text and up to 99 free if you can send them before your bill cycle ends. Lets say it like it really is, not the Marketing BS way of spinning it.
Userlevel 5
A permanent US 100 txt bundle...that is an interesting idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And imagine you get into this situation... http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/us-roaming-texts
Userlevel 5
I was thinking like across bill cycle, probably impossible due to complex system logic but it would be cool if you can pay say $10 for 100 text you can use while in US when it runs out u can renew via text or something
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The billing cycle guillotine strikes again. Would be much easier to bill a dime every outgoing international text, OR offer the option of buying a bucket at an agreed price which would expire xx days after BUYING the bucket, nothing to do with billing date, much the way to text/data roaming add-ons work. Current set-up is a needless generator of ill-will over an item that should be worth a nickle a pop.