Koodo Community

UPS tracking not working - phone missing?

• 15 August 2020
  • 8 replies

I recently ordered a new phone from Koodo and received a notice that it was shipped on Aug 7. The email said I would receive my phone within 3 business days. It's been a week now and the tracking number I have says that UPS hasn't even received the package yet, only that the shipping label has been created. I phoned Koodo yesterday and they insist that UPS has a big delay and it will probably take 20+ days to get my phone.

But something about this just doesn't sit right with me. Koodo says that UPS has the phone, and UPS says that Koodo hasn't sent the phone. I’m so frustrated and don't know who to follow up with. Should I be worried and pursuing this further, or is it just a waiting game at this point?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mostly a waiting game. I don't know who is really at fault but somewhere is a bottleneck causing this delay. Check up on it to see if the tracking doesn't update. I'd check at day 20 and give your order number here if your tracking info won't update and a Rep will be able to look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

UPS has been one of the more reliable couriers during the pandemic, but I've had some delays even with them. 

In my experience, phoning them resolves nothing unless the package is declared lost as they don't have access to any information other than what you see online. 

I hope you get your phone soon. 

When you do actually get your phone, watch out, they will have been charging you for this entire time. I placed an order on August 2nd and received my SIM card on the 18th. They’ve been charging me for this whole time and will not credit me for it! Awful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bet that if you would’ve asked nicely they would credit it to you. Now stop spamming threads and go check your original one.

I bet that if you would’ve asked nicely they would credit it to you. Now stop spamming threads and go check your original one.

I asked nicely several times and they wouldn’t budge until I said I was posting on the forums. This isn’t spamming - it is making others aware that there is a trend of unethical charges. 

Your package most likely wont be making it out. I’m dealing with the same problem and on August 11 UPS confirmed that they cannot locate my package. Now the stupid politics are coming into play because even though UPS confirmed this with me on the phone, Koodo won’t initiate a claim for a lost package until 21 business days have passed. Why that long you ask? No idea. I’ve been trying to find out for myself and nobody knows the answer. I really hope your phone shows up otherwise enjoy this long grind for 2 months to get your money back.

Userlevel 1

Any update on the missing phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Any update on the missing phone?

https://community.koodomobile.com/web-store-232904/ups-webstore-lost-my-phone-7799947