Koodo Community

UPS SUCKS

IT WOULD BE NICE TO USE Canada Post to ship! UPS is a crap company to ship product. They show up during the day and refuse to leave the phone without a signature. HELLO working people WORK DURING THE DAY. So then the phone is left in limbo for 3 attempts to contact (yes this is the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and expecting different results). Then they bring it to some obscure location in your city where once again you have to make arrangements to pick it up DURING THE DAY or they send it back. Their website makes it seem like you can choose a different pick up time but the truth is you can't, they are not flexible, and not helpful when you call them. Why not just send it CANADA POST? Not happy with UPS!!!!!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Where are you located? I recalled Koodo used Canada post for mine the last time I purchased.

Also, did the pickup location work on weekend? or can you have someone at home to pick up/sign for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually you can sign the door sign that they leave and leave it on your door so when they attempt delivery the next day they will just leave it on your step.
(Although I wouldnt want a new phone sitting outside waiting until I get home)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan M wrote:

Usually you can sign the door sign that they leave and leave it on your door so when they attempt delivery the next day they will just leave it on your step.
(Although I wouldnt want a new phone sitting outside waiting until I get home)

Me neither. My package will be gone within minutes if they left it on my steps. (Well, it's not that bad)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, if the sender Koodo required a signature and a human at the door, the delivery man wouldn't drop it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have received my phone with UPS. They are good most of times.
FedEx is usually good.
You can request re-derivery with UPS and FedEx.
Canada Post is ok.
I also have bad experience with them all from time to time ...
Its all depends on who(individual drivers) derived your package.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And because it requires a signature, even Canada Post will still deliver the phone to your door and ask for a signature so delivering through them wouldn't help you out any. (Know from experience with Koodo).
Badge +4
kp wrote:

IT WOULD BE NICE TO USE Canada Post to ship! UPS is a crap company to ship product. They show up during the day and refuse to leave the phone without a signature. HELLO working people WORK DURING THE DAY. So then the phone is left in limbo for 3 attempts to contact (yes this is the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and expecting different results). Then they bring it to some obscure location in your city where once again you have to make arrangements to pick it up DURING THE DAY or they send it back. Their website makes it seem like you can choose a different pick up time but the truth is you can't, they are not flexible, and not helpful when you call them. Why not just send it CANADA POST? Not happy with UPS!!!!!

Koodo usually does use Canada Post to ship. They had to use others to ship when Canada Post was on strike.

Shipping and delivery

Order online and get free shipping anywhere in Canada! All deliveries are handled by Canada Post.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/shipping-and-delivery
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have a 300 ft uphill driveway to my rural front door. Leave a signed authorization to let the delivery people leave it without a signature at your entrance, and you are good to go with Purolator, UPS or Fedex.

Canada Post defaults to a relatively convenient location nearby. UPS and Fedex RULE in the US but can be really problematic in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can contact UPS and tell them to hold for pickup so they wont need to have 3 failed delivery attempts. FedEx used to do the 3 attempts too but I noticed they recently stopped.
I received my phone via UPS also, was delayed 2 days due to an incorrect address on the shipping label. But the biggest problem with UPS was that they are hard to get ahold of and finally told me as an alternative I could pick it up at their location that they deliver out of 50 kms away instead of a location 15 kms away.
Canada post if no one is home leaves a card in my mailbox and I can pick up my parcel at my local post office 7 kms from home.