Koodo Community

Community

Update the Koodo mobile website (specifically the phone page)

After browsing over the phones on Koodo's website several times in the last few days (to see if the Lumia 620 had been added to the ranks) I became somewhat frustrated by the sheer amount of scrolling I had to do on the phone section of Koodo's website. There is a degree of organisation, but the categories you can select from are loosely mixed between operating system and manufacturer. If you don't select a category then the mouse wheel becomes your new best friend. There really is no organisation at this point. There's only odd groupings by manufacturer, but this is so loose that you find the iPhones surrounded by Blackberrys with a few groupings of Samsungs and the odd LG showing up randomly on you way to the bottom of the immensely long page. To help Koodo's customers find the phones they are looking for a lot easier, this page of the website really needs a makeover. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html

17 replies

I disagree. A lot of websites have a scroll function because it's impossible to include all phones on a page without the use of it. Even manufactuer websites end up having to scroll. The fact that Koodo has this; All Phones | Android | BlackBerry | Talk and Text | iPhone | CDMA Helps out a lot since you can select Android and it will only show the Android phones. I feel like you are nit picking at something that doesn't need fixing.
Userlevel 7
Okay, I'm just being realistic here but it took me 9 scrolls to view all the phones. It's not like Koodo has 1000s of phones to choose from... 14 phones. I'm going to agree with Mark on this one.
Userlevel 7
Want to see frustrating? Go check out virgin.
Solo mobile's website was rather annoying.
Userlevel 7
So was solo mobile.
Koodo's site is not that bad. It would be nice it there were direct links to the manufacture sites with specs and info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like Koodos Web store just the way it is, & like it was said there aren't many phones in their lineup. click on the side scroll bar on your computer to grab it and you can scroll down the entire page in a swipe can you not? I'm not 100% sure because I use my Note 2 for everything while my PC collects dust. with my Note 2 it's 2 simple swipes of the screen maybe 3 and I've seen all the phones. Why are you looking for a Bell style layout?
I think you guys are missing my point, which perhaps wasn't expressed too clearly. The issue is not the scrolling (though I can see why my over exaggerations led you to believe that). This is not about who has a better website either. The fact remains that the phone listing on Koodo's site is unorganised. Scrolling down you have Samsungs, HTC, LG, Samsung, LG, Blackberry, LG, iPhone, Blackberry. That's not organised at all. All I'm saying is that there is a clean, professional, and organised element missing from this particular page. I'm not saying it should look like anyone else's website, just that if a customer wants to find out how much an iPhone is on Koodo, do you really think their first guess on where to find it would be between the Blackberry devices? All they really have to do is position the phones by manufacturer. It's not that hard, and it would make everything easier.
Userlevel 6
I do think they could better. The scrolling part drives me crazy too, maybe not as much on the phone page, but on the accessory page it's ridicolous. And as koodo intorduces more and more phones this layout will not serve them well. They do have think about a better alternative. It's not just the scrolling. The other day i was looking to buy a new sim and took me a while to figure things out. They mix the prepaid sims with postpaid and the same things appear multiple times. Confusing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They have them set in different sections and icons to get to the specific OS your looking for

Strictly speaking that's not organised by OS (I don't remember CDMA or talk and text being operating systems). However, I checked the page this morning and it looks as though the iPhones have been moved to the bottom of the page, no longer surrounded by Blackberrys. The LGs, however, still remain split among Samsungs and HTC. Still, this is a step in the right direction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ollistopheles wrote:

Strictly speaking that's not organised by OS (I don't remember CDMA or talk and text being operat...

OMG obviously those aren't OS's, It's broken into OS's and those other 2 types which are to help ppl who don't know about phones, to help them find what they are looking for. If you know about phones it shouldn't be an issue finding your way around the what 10 phones they carry. They aren't going to set it up in what brand of say Android phones it is because the average person buying a cell phone doesn't care who makes it. All they care is price & what it looks like which they are arranged in price for each section are they not, we'll other than the Galaxy Ace 2x? This is just nit picking and a waste of time in my opinion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't see any pattern to the list either. You'd think that the list would be either alphabetical or sorted by price.
Userlevel 5
It is sorted by the "kind" of phone guys. First all of the Androids, then Blackberrys, then "Talk and Text phones" (Old phones that are not capable of accessing the internet, aka non-smart phones/2G kind), then iPhones, then 1 CDMA (depending where you live). Sure it may be improved as they could change the layout and all but it's fine.
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

It is sorted by the "kind" of phone guys. First all of the Androids, then Blackberrys, then "T...

Many of you think that Koodo should be heading towards a professional look but Koodo is very family-oriented, discounted, and comedic. That's why you're not going to see Koodo's website being like Telus' website which is very clean, simple and looks somewhat premium, or Rogers' website which looks very teenager/young adult appealing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

It is sorted by the "kind" of phone guys. First all of the Androids, then Blackberrys, then "T...

Actually, John... if I may give my opinion as a newcomer here 😃 That is one of the things I do like about Koodo and the website... it's whimsical and lighthearted. So although I'm not a fanbo... er girl I do agree that it doesn't need to change. Actually it still manages to look very clean, if there is one thing I dislike is clutter! (such as the Rogers site)
Userlevel 3
Hey all,
Just wanted to let you know that Koodo is working on a new website. If you haven't already checked it out you can opt-in to the beta site on our homepage koodomobile.com. Just look for the blue banner on the right side of the page.