Koodo Community
Solved

Update number to a new city

• 15 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I just moved to a new town, and want to make my current number a local number. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 15 September 2020, 01:58

I think you will have to settle for an entirely new number… BC even has two different area codes (778 and 250, I believe). Surprised the school won’t accept anything except a local number, you’d think that nowadays most people are used to cell phone customers wanting to keep their number wherever they go!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly do you mean, Michael? You can change your number in self serve but chances are very slim that you will be able to pick the same last 4 digits… if that is what you’re asking?

Thank you for your reply Sophia and sorry for the confusion.. Yes, I want to keep the same number but switch the number say from Kelowna to Vancouver. Got a phone call from my son’s new school here and ask me to get a local number for their to contact… confused...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you will have to settle for an entirely new number… BC even has two different area codes (778 and 250, I believe). Surprised the school won’t accept anything except a local number, you’d think that nowadays most people are used to cell phone customers wanting to keep their number wherever they go!

Agreed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for your reply Sophia and sorry for the confusion.. Yes, I want to keep the same number but switch the number say from Kelowna to Vancouver. Got a phone call from my son’s new school here and ask me to get a local number for their to contact… confused...

Id tell the school that they can text you.

And the CRTC really needs to outlaw canada long distance fee by now.

Thanks Dennis. You guys are awesome!