Koodo Community

Community

Unregistered Sim????

I just paid and registered my new koodo sim card, completed self serve registration and put the new sim in my phone. It says unregistered Sim and won't let me text. What do I do?

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Emily. What phone do you have, and is it a Koodo phone?
It's a Samsung core, not a Koodo phone. Just got off the phone with Tech Support. I transferred my number from Telus which caused a glitch apparently. They told me to put the koodo sim in and the engineering department would call me when they have it working. Hope it doesn't take too long...
Userlevel 6
Emily Parker wrote:

It's a Samsung core, not a Koodo phone. Just got off the phone with Tech Support. I transferred ...

Did you ever get it working?
Emily Parker wrote:

It's a Samsung core, not a Koodo phone. Just got off the phone with Tech Support. I transferred ...

Nope! It's been almost five hours. No word from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Parker wrote:

Hello Emily,

Wait until tomorrow, if it's still not solved, I would contact Koodo again.
Emily Parker wrote:

Still not working. I need my phone for work. Getting very frustrated, this is not a good first experience as a new customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Parker wrote:

Telus is the owner of Koodo, Emily. I think they would do it soon for you. Today is Sunday also.

Btw, are you using the same email account with Telus and Koodo? It was a problem causing delay between Telus and public mobile before (during the chaos of promo with PublicMobile).

Userlevel 7
Emily Parker wrote:

Is the phone unlocked?
Userlevel 6
Emily Parker wrote:

If she’s porting from Telus, she wouldn’t need to unlock. That is assuming the PHONE is also from Telus, of course.
Userlevel 7
Emily Parker wrote:

Also make sure that USE 2G only isn't selected as a network mode. Koodo doesn't support that.
Which network mode should be selected?
Userlevel 7
Emily Parker wrote:

Which network mode should be selected?

Wcdma/LTE/gsm auto
Ok that's what it's set to. Just called them again they said it could be up to 72 hours to fix it. That's completely ridiculous. I guess you get what you pay for. I will be switching over to another provider asap. Not impressed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Parker wrote:

Ok that's what it's set to. Just called them again they said it could be up to 72 hours to fix it...

Quality control is never 100%. I used to be with Telus and switched seamlessly to Koodo 5 years ago. You're not guaranteed to never have similar problems with other providers. If you're still intent on switching that's fair. Hope you have a better experience.
Emily Parker wrote:

Ok that's what it's set to. Just called them again they said it could be up to 72 hours to fix it...

Emily Parker wrote:

What do I do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Parker wrote:

@Sabrina: I would try to reinsert the SIM, make sure the SIM is clean before doing so.

If it doesn't work, then your iPhone is likely a Locked one. Did it work with Koodo before? you might have to contact previous carrier to get it unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Parker wrote:

Try taking out the sim card, wipe is quick on a piece of cloth a d reinsert it. Let us know if it says the same thing still.