Koodo Community
Question

Unlock code for phone with discontinued Koodo service.

Show first post

96 replies

contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...make sure you get names and employee numbers of the ppl you talk to, go as high as the shift supervisor before hanging up.
Userlevel 2
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...The account must be active in order for the charge of $50 to be placed. There is also no policy that states that there is no unlock fee. All providers charge an unlock fee.
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...I agree with that one Telus is 35.00 to unlock must be in service for 3 months no payment missed
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...myke why dont you get your story straight. there is a policy ... read the link form globe n mail. below. NOTE PHONES PAID FOR ARE TO BE UNLOCKED> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/tech-news/what-the-new-crtc-wireless-code-means-for-you/article15735400/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...Rob, that doesn't say that at all it says Koodo has to provide the code within 90 days or tell you a way to get it
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...@Chad ur correct way to go
Userlevel 2
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...@Rob, read the CRTC regulations. There is no mention of the $50 unlock fee no longer being applied. Your linked article also does not list that there is no longer any $50 unlock fee.
Userlevel 4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...F. Mobile device issues 1. Unlocking i.A service provider that provides a locked device to the customer as part of a contract must a.for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider, no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date. b.for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request. Right from the CRTC Wireless Code, Rob. Read it for yourself. http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm Do the research before complaining.
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...I guess we will let the crtc deal with it cus i already put in a complaint, IM SURE THERE"S A LAW THAT STATES YOU CANT BLACKMAIL PPL INTO USING YOUR SERVICES OR PAYING FOR UNWANTED SERVICES. That's why we live in north america freedom of choice.
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...What if I have a locked phone? Even if you bought a subsidized phone, the seller must now provide a way to unlock the phone within 90 days. Likewise, if you paid full price, the phone must come unlocked or come with instructions on how to unlock it as soon as you want to. YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE CODE< EVEN IF I REFUSE TO PAY .
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...PAY AS YOU GO MUST COME UNLOCKED.... HELLLO
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...The article you'rebasing all this on isale poorly written and very general. The devil is in the details.
Userlevel 4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...NO THEY DO NOT. If you request the code, the fee is charged. There is no regulation saying otherwise. Did you even read what I posted?
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...yes i read it but i refuse to enter a contract with you, nor will i give you any billing information, SO IN REALITY YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO GIVE ME THE UNLOCKING CODE BY LAW...
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...SO NOW WHAT..
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...DUDE I WILL SPEND MORE OF YOUR COMPANYS TIME, AND CAUSE PROBLEMS THEN THE 50 BUCKS IS WORTH TO YOU.. SO JUST GIVE UP THE CODES.
Userlevel 4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...No. Just no. You obviously want to go against the wireless code. It is also obvioust you have NOT read it since this is one of the terms in ther CODE...I did post it befopre but in case you didn't read it... "F. Mobile device issues 1. Unlocking i.A service provider that provides a locked device to the customer as part of a contract must a.for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider, no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date. b.for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, [b]at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request" ------------------------------------------------------ "What if I have a locked phone? Even if you bought a subsidized phone, the seller must now provide a way to unlock the phone within 90 days. Likewise, if you paid full price, the phone must come unlocked or come with instructions on how to unlock it as soon as you want to." This is from that globe and mail link you posted. Based on that, Koodo would not provide you the code, but they can direct you as to how it can be unlocked using other methods. Those methods have a fee as well. What part of that is unclear?
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...WHAT PART OF if you paid full price, the phone must come unlocked DOES YOUR COMPANY NOT UNDERSTAND, PLAY WITH THE WORDING ALL YOU LIKE, TRY TO ADD FEES, BUT THAT IS CLEAR AS DAY TO ME.
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...the fact i even have to go threw this cus your companies a bunch of cry babies and dont like someone making a choice to go somewhere else that you have to add a fee to unlock it is just pathetic, throwing your toys around.. need your blankie too...
Userlevel 4
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to ch...You are hilarious. The CTRC Wireless code has something for that exact thing. Now, I ask you to read it slowly just so you can understand the words. This is direct from the Wireless code and the THIRD time I posted this... "b. for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request." This means that if you paid full price for the phone, Koodo or any provider for that matter can give you the code for a fee specified by the provider. As a matter of fact, I got an amazing fleece SOA throw blanket. I love it and I will cuddle it until it rots, thank you very much. By the way, your caps lock is stuck. You also just lost all credibility when you started insulting the employees.
AND YES AGREE, THESE COMPANY'S ARE CROOKS AND WE SUPPORT IT. NOT ONLY THAT BUT SAY THANK YOU FOR SCREWING US. THAT'S WHY THE CRTC STEPPED IN.
If you live in Ontario look up the blackberry guy he is reasonable I dealt with him before thanks and I got a Blackberry Z10 its with Telus they wont unlock for 3 months well guess what this Blackberry guy can do it anytime lol
here guys found the artical check this out then contact the crtc like i said and tell them they will not provide you with the unlocking codes. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/tech-news/what-the-new-crtc-wireless-code-means-for-you/article15735400/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
here guys found the artical check this out then contact the crtc like i said and tell them they w...Just make sure to tell them that the reason they won't provide the unlock codes is that you refuse to pay for them.
here guys found the artical check this out then contact the crtc like i said and tell them they w...yes make sure you tell them your not being blackmailed into using thier services