Koodo Community
Question

Unlock code for phone with discontinued Koodo service.

My daughter had a Koodo contract. She could not afford the charges so we had to close the account. We paid for the phone that came with the contact, but received no unlock code. How do I get an unlock code?

96 replies

Hi Michelle - The account must be active, the last 3 bills must not contain a past due balance and there'sa $50 unlock fee. At this point since the account is closed you won't be able to obtain one through Koodo.
Then how do I get an unlock code?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on the phone, Michelle, and if you are a brave type 🙂 You can also buy unlock codes from third party unlockers... I bought one not too long ago for $30 but you can get them as cheap as $20!
Userlevel 6
Unfortunately it needs to be active & you need to request / pay for the code, it doesn't get sent to you automatically.
It would be nice if Koodo would tell you this before you close your account, instead of taking your money for a phone you can't use.
Userlevel 6
It would be nice if Koodo would tell you this before you close your account, instead of taking yo...You can reactivate it on Koodo's network to use it again. Every carrier is like that - they don't want you buying their phone & immediately dropping their service to use on another network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are not able to unlock the phone at all, and still interested in Koodo, you COULD decide to take out prepaid ($15 per month + one time boosters). That would work with the phone... just trying to think of solutions for you...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Michelle, you may try online, Google "unlock phones" and for sure you will have the code you are locking for
I haven't been having any luck with online efforts. 2 companies have not been able to get the code.
Userlevel 1
I haven't been having any luck with online efforts. 2 companies have not been able to get the code.Some of the Bigger Malls that has the kiosks that sell phone cases and screen protectors only, may provide UNlock services, for a fee.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
What kind of device you have??? try www.gsmliberty.net I have used this website twice and so far is good... and if you record a video of you unlocking the phone successfully and poste it on youtube, they will refund you 100%, so it means, Free unlocking! Good luck
THanks -- good tip.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THanks -- good tip.What phone do you have that nobody can get an unlock code for?
THanks -- good tip.Samsung Galaxy Ace
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THanks -- good tip.That's weird, usually there's no issues with Samsung phones unlocking them. Did you try GSM LIBERTY like Camilo suggested? I've unlocked Samsung phones through them and never had any issues at all. Had my phones all unlocked within 15 minutes of putting in my order for a code. You haven't tried too many times unsuccessfully to unlock the phone and its completely locked from doing so now did you?
THanks -- good tip.No. I haven't received any unlock codes so I haven't tried it. I'll try GSM Liberty this weekend.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
try getting one from any online vendors like http://www.mobile-unlocker.com****SCAM ABOVE DONT USE /\/\/\/\ ****
Kood, and Rogers, and Fido and so on in Canada are just robbers. That's all we can say about them, that's all. A shame for Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kood, and Rogers, and Fido and so on in Canada are just robbers. That's all we can say about the...You just made a profile to say that, really that's pretty bad.
Kood, and Rogers, and Fido and so on in Canada are just robbers. That's all we can say about the...Surely not than your own.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kood, and Rogers, and Fido and so on in Canada are just robbers. That's all we can say about the...What?
call a cellular x stores they can unlock it for you.
cellunlocker.net is good too. I got few codes from them in the past.
I always refer people to Cellular X if there in there area there less cost then others.
contact the CRTC as of 2012, no company is allowed lock phones that are paid for anymore or to charge for unlocking phones. Call kudoo ask them for the code, if they refuse to unlock it , report them and have the employee's fired that you ask for help from.