Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unhappy customer

Just got my husband phone bill and not sure what is going on... I paid his last bill and his bill is doulbe... We had spoken with someone in customer service about his bring able to send and receive picture's without being charged data... Very unhappy customer... Anna please call me...

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Picture messages should be free but in order to send them data must be on, and this could be what has caused you problems. Apps may have run in the background or other apps may have been using data while it was on. I would suggest you look in the settings of his phone under data as it will show you what apps used data and how much. 

It won't really help you now (unless no data was used and it's a billing issue). You can however, then disable some apps or limit how and when they can use data (restrict background usage of specific apps for example)
Userlevel 7
It could also be a "double bill" if you paid his last one by online banking too close to the cycle date. It takes a few business days to process a bill payment so it might not have shown up on the following bill.

Check page 3 of your bill. It should tell you exactly what happened. It's not just a random # they make up.

If there is an MMS problem with data, this is a recurring problem with most of the carriers because cell phones don't know what kind of plan you have - they just do what they're told. There is an APN trick that may work for you but if it doesn't, you might want to find an alternative way to send photos - email, Facebook, WhatsApp, BBM, etc. as those can all use WiFi only. MMS requires data to be on and Koodo can't do anything about that.

If you want to discuss your bill with customer service, go ahead. *611 or 1-866-995-6636. Maybe they can help you out further.