Koodo Community

unauthorized porting out

• 2 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I received a text in the middle of the night telling me there was a request to port my number and to call immediately if it was not me who requested this. Of course I called right away, but you were closed and I lost my service.

i have messaged through Facebook and I have tried requesting a callback to my husband’s phone since I don’t have a phone that works anymore, but all time slots are full and you are closed (even though it is after 9am). I have tried to call myself but you are still closed.

i can not believe something like this can happen overnight when obviously no one has the ability to call and tell you this was not them! I need my phone as I have just had surgery AND a child at home and we do not have a landline. 
I would like you to get my phone number back before any more damage has been done. Please help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would need to contact Koodo so they solve the issue. Wasn’t there a number on that SMS you can call too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don't worry too much, you will get your number back. You did the right thing... I have flagged your post hoping Koodo can give some priority to your issue!

Userlevel 5

I received a text in the middle of the night telling me there was a request to port my number and to call immediately if it was not me who requested this. Of course I called right away, but you were closed and I lost my service.

i have messaged through Facebook and I have tried requesting a callback to my husband’s phone since I don’t have a phone that works anymore, but all time slots are full and you are closed (even though it is after 9am). I have tried to call myself but you are still closed.

i can not believe something like this can happen overnight when obviously no one has the ability to call and tell you this was not them! I need my phone as I have just had surgery AND a child at home and we do not have a landline. 
I would like you to get my phone number back before any more damage has been done. Please help!

Hello there! I just verified your account. I see that our support team has transferred back your phone number. They have also added a port block on it and reported this situation to our Privacy Team. Feel free to reach us on Facebook in case you have other questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had the same "pleasure" yesterday, but I was able to get through to Koodo immediately, but Bell was closed and they couldn't stop the port. They were able to reactivate my service right away (I was cut off mid-call) but I couldn't receive calls/texts until Bell opened today and number was ported back. 

Now for the "fun" part. If you have not done so already, please change all your passwords for everything banking/credit related (as well as your Self Serve password and PIN), and you may wish to change your contact info with them as well. Since so many of these things require a security code, I suspect that this is an identity theft attempt. For additional peace of mind, I subscribed to Equifax's protection plan for the time being as well, just in case I didn't "plug all holes", so to speak.

I don't think that it's a coincidence that these people perform these attacks at a time when call centres are closed. 

Userlevel 1

That is sim card swap scam. Just check your debit or credit card for any unauthorized payment. If your e-mail compromised they can use your pay-pal or amazon to purchase goods by using resetting password. It happened to my family member last week and someone spend around 14,000 dollars. It took us a full week to resolve the issue.  All our family members have 0 trust on KOODO and move to another carrier that actually answers the phone.