Koodo Community
Question

unauthorized port

• 20 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I had this number messaged me about five times saying that I had a request to transfer a wireless phone number to another service provider but I’ve never been with Koodo I am with Telus (I just made this account )and everyone else who seems to have this problem   seems to be with Koodo so I thought maybe it was just a phishing scam. any advice

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don't have any phone numbers with Koodo then you can block it and/or ignore it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had this number messaged me about five times saying that I had a request to transfer a wireless phone number to another service provider but I’ve never been with Koodo I am with Telus (I just made this account )and everyone else who seems to have this problem   seems to be with Koodo so I thought maybe it was just a phishing scam. any advice

It’s possible someone tried to port out your number. I would suggest you to follow up with Telus to see if this is the case. Considering that Telus and Koodo are part of the same company, it may not be a phishing scam. 

Badge +4

Since you did not make this request, consider the message a combination of phishing/spam and an attempt at fraudulently porting your phone number. You may want to contact TELUS to disable phone number porting. Call *611 from your device, or 1-866-558-2273.

Report the text to TELUS by forwarding the message to 7726 with the word “SPAM” in the body of the message. Instructions on how to forward text messages can be found on your device manufacturer’s website. 

https://www.telus.com/en/about/security/phishing-spam