Koodo Community
Solved

Unacceptable service

• 17 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I am a 25 years old man.
I've been with Koodo since I was 16.

I have worked in customer service for Rogers before so I know how it works.

At the moment, I need two things from the costumer service.

I want to know which number called me on a specific date and time to leave insults on my voice mail. The person changed their own name to "Go **** yourself you piece of ****" then called me and didn't leave a message so that my voicemail said I got a message from: [you guessed it].
Unless harassement is part of your company policy, I have a right to know who did this and take action on it.

I also need to unlock an old phone so I can root it.
I needed to do this for a while but delayed the call because of the 10$ possible customer service fee but, after the anonymous insult, I don't care about the fees anymore.

So, an hour ago I tried calling the customer service just to learn that this is not possible. The only service we get is a chat bot which has a very limited range of options and sends .gif troughout the "conversation", which is unnecessary and very unprofessional.
Other than the fact that the service is as helpful as no service at all, there is the fact that I cannot transfer as much information through my darn thumbs as I can trough my mouth. I end up wasting my time without fixing the issue.

I am very unsatisfied and insulted by the vision Koodo Mobile has of what customer service should be. You should be ashamed of yourselves and you can be sure I won't recommend Koodo to anyone ever again.
icon

Best answer by Manu Koodo 18 July 2019, 20:06

@PhilBeau We would only be able to see which number called you if you answered it. We can look into it to provide you more details if you message us on Facebook or Twitter, or you can use the Koodo Assist to schedule a call back.

You might be able to unlock your phone in the Mobile Services section of your self-serve, and if not we can help you with it free of charge. The $10 fee is usually for changes through a rep that can also be done in self-serve, however the phone unlock is an exception in response to the Wireless Code changes effective as of December 1st 2017.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was there no number on the caller id? You want Koodo to give you the phone number of whomever left an anonymous voicemail? I'm not sure I follow exactly with that. I guess that you're implying it was from a Koodo work number?

If it's a phone with Koodo you can just get the unlock code in self-serve.

What makes you think that you cannot type the exact same thing as you're saying? You can also request a call back from koodo.com/chat if you wish to chat with a rep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A phone does not need to be sim unlocked in order to root it. If you're talking about unlocking the bootloader, I don't think that's something that Koodo can help you with. Also, if the number of the person who called you wasn't attached to the voicemail, it isn't going to show up in koodo's systems either.
Userlevel 4
@PhilBeau We would only be able to see which number called you if you answered it. We can look into it to provide you more details if you message us on Facebook or Twitter, or you can use the Koodo Assist to schedule a call back.

You might be able to unlock your phone in the Mobile Services section of your self-serve, and if not we can help you with it free of charge. The $10 fee is usually for changes through a rep that can also be done in self-serve, however the phone unlock is an exception in response to the Wireless Code changes effective as of December 1st 2017.