Feedback
Unable to verify credit file | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Unable to verify credit file

• 2 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently tried to sign up for Koodo; picked a device and plan, entered in credit card info, completed purchase using my Visa Debit

Last night received an email stating the my order was cancelled because Koodo was unable to validate my credit file info, need to discuss details with Equifax/TransUnion directly.

I’ve pulled new credit reports with from both companies, i have poor credit but no collections or public records

What does all of this mean? 

TIA

3 replies

Userlevel 7

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements

A Canadian credit card (NOT a debit card) is needed if you're buying online (as well as your SIN or Canadian Driver’s License). You do not seem to qualify to join a monthly plan with a debit card. Not sure how you managed to sign up and pick up a device with your debit card. If you have a valid credit card, you may qualify (after passing a credit check, which may not apply to your case)
BTW it seems like there is no credit check for Prepaid customers.

Same problem, I applied my wife for a koodo plan we uses her credit card and still got the same notification that they cannot process it because they cannot validate some credit information. 

She was using her credit card most of the days and called the bank and there were no any problems.

What to do? We can't process the plan via online and we don't want to go to koodo store to pay 50cad just for the processing fee.

Hope. To hear from you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same problem, I applied my wife for a koodo plan we uses her credit card and still got the same notification that they cannot process it because they cannot validate some credit information. 

She was using her credit card most of the days and called the bank and there were no any problems.

What to do? We can't process the plan via online and we don't want to go to koodo store to pay 50cad just for the processing fee.

Hope. To hear from you

@skatt03 : the thread is more than 1 year old, I recommend you open another new thread.

Anyway, was her credit card a visa debit (or master debit)? When you saw that error normally because Koodo couldn't pull the credit profile from credit bureau. If possible, I suggest you try a different card. Also, make sure the credit card address was the same as the address registered with Koodo.