Koodo Community
Question

UNABLE TO RECEIVE CALL BACK - WHERE ARE THE HUMANS

• 15 September 2020
  • 14 replies

KOODO!

i just picked up a scheduled call back 3 TIMES, only to have the automated voice message tell me directly on the phone that I have missed my call back and it will try again.

This is ridiculous that I have had to post in a community forum to elicit help from YOUR COMPANY.

HOW DO I ESCALATE MY CASE TO A HUMAN BEING.

STOP BEING SO CHEAP

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So they called you back to tell you you have missed your callback?

Also - the person managing the chat bots AI capability and features needs to be let go and fired immediately.

It’s so terribly thought out and immature.

So they called you back to tell you you have missed your callback?

Yes - it seems to be some glitch on their end. The call comes through and I pick up - but for them they think its gone to my voicemail.

Why is it impossible to reach their actual support team? This is ridiculous.

Also - the person managing the chat bots AI capability and features needs to be let go and fired immediately.

It’s so terribly thought out and immature.

How are the words “Escalate” or “speak to a human” not already programmed in … especially when it is literally the one way to contact support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think it's because so many people felt entitled to promos they weren't entitled to and contacted Koodo in droves. It'll get better... Eventually 🙂

But that doesn't help you of course. Can we help you with your question perhaps?

I think it's because so many people felt entitled to promos they weren't entitled to and contacted Koodo in droves. It'll get better... Eventually 🙂

But that doesn't help you of course. Can we help you with your question perhaps?

I was in Niagara Falls, ON and my sim card thought I was on the US side and activated Easy Roam - hoping to have it taken off my bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@koodouser06 - The fact that you answered the call and heard that recording is indeed odd. I’ve flagged this and our team will look into this to understand what happened. It does appear to be a one-off though, as I just tested and managed to successfully receive my callback.

I also see that Koodo Assist did attempt to review your bill with you to help explain/understand any discrepancies you see, but you opted not to. The only additional charge on your current bill is a $0.50 long distance charge for a call (explained on page 6 of your bill). Is that what your inquiry is about?

@koodouser06 - The fact that you answered the call and heard that recording is indeed odd. I’ve flagged this and our team will look into this to understand what happened. It does appear to be a one-off though, as I just tested and managed to successfully receive my callback.

I also see that Koodo Assist did attempt to review your bill with you to help explain/understand any discrepancies you see, but you opted not to. The only additional charge on your current bill is a $0.50 long distance charge for a call (explained on page 6 of your bill). Is that what your inquiry is about?

I was in Niagara Falls, ON and my sim card thought I was on the US side and activated Easy Roam - hoping to have it taken off my bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did this just happen, and if so, did you receive a message/notification about it? 
It doesn’t appear on your last bill, so we may need to wait until your next invoice is issued to correct it, if you were charged.

Did this just happen, and if so, did you receive a message/notification about it? 
It doesn’t appear on your last bill, so we may need to wait until your next invoice is issued to correct it, if you were charged.

It happened on September 6th - I got the text saying Welcome to USA - EasyRoam is active.

Can it be taken off prior to my next bill so I don’t get charged extra for it?

Also is there no way to speak to a human directly without scheduling a call back? 

Or alternatively, please advise how I can explain my EasyRoam situation to the bot and receive a refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s  best to wait until the invoice is generated in order to confirm the charges and address any issues all at once, but I’ve asked our team to see if they’re able to locate the specific charge and reverse it. I’ll confirm once I hear back.

Regarding direct access to a rep - Koodo Assist is our first point of support, and a method to triage inquiries if you will. It can answer pretty much any question related to your account/service, show account specific details, and even make certain changes for you. If you do still need a rep, then yes - a callback does need to be booked to speak with a rep. Unfortunately, it isn’t equipped to reverse accidental roaming charges and issue you a refund.. it can however provide tips on how to avoid these type of charges in the future :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

From now on, I suggest you consider disabling Roaming and only enable it if you require (and are ready to pay for) Roaming. My cell always has Roaming disabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@koodouser06 - we’ve applied a credit to offset the amount you were expected to be charged for the accidental roaming. This will be reflected on your next bill.
Let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've missed a call from Koodo before by not realizing I had to press 1 to be connected to an agent - said they'll call me back. Was fine the next time.