Koodo Community

Community

"Unable to connect to this at this time." Why?

For some reason, since yesterday, my phone (HTC Hero) has been unable to connect to the Koodo network, no matter what I do. I know that it's not a problem of the antenna, because I am able to connect to wifi just fine. It's not obviously a problem of either the SIM card or the phone, because when I put the Koodo sim card in another phone, it works immediately; I immediately get a flood of texts. As for the phone, when I put a Fido SIM card from a friend's phone, it connected to the network immediately. I have done a factory reset, cleared the cache and the Dalvik cache, tried blowing out any dust that might have gotten into the phone, and more. I've called HTC and they're stumped. I dunno what to do. My plan is to go to the Koodo store near me tomorrow morning and insist on getting a new SIM card, but let me know if there's anything I've failed to do?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
What provider was the phone originally with? How long have you had the phone active on your Koodo account?
It was originally with Telus. I have had it active with Koodo since April or May, I think April.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First thing. Is 3G on? Did you complete an update to the OS? And after that I would test another working Koodo sim and then a Telus Sim
No, 3G is not on. It actually won't turn on. I haven't done any updates for the OS in a long time, nor have I started one and cancelled it midway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gavin wrote:

No, 3G is not on. It actually won't turn on. I haven't done any updates for the OS in a long t...

Ok to use Koodo's network you need to have 3G enabled. Are you using a widget to turn on 3G or going through Menu > Settings
Gavin wrote:

No, 3G is not on. It actually won't turn on. I haven't done any updates for the OS in a long t...

Excuse me, I was incorrect. 3G is on, and it actually won't accept my choice if I tell it to "use only 2G networks". I was using Menu > Settings, not a widget.