Koodo Community

trying to get new phone and cannot receive sms code

• 30 April 2021
  • 9 replies

How do I order a new phone when my lost one cannot receive an sms code?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have anyone to ask if they can receive the code for you, then instant message you with it? You can also get a free Canadian number with Fongo and incoming texts are free as well. I use it for back up authentication.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mary Townend If you have a home phone or an alternate line where you can receive a call please set up a callback using Koodo Assist and we can connect with you there.

koodo.com/help

@Philosoraptor -no option to choose which number the sms is to, automatically goes to the number associated with my account so cannot give a friend’s or another provider like you suggest

@Bernard Koodo i see that you a reone of the koodo responders.  I went on FB to try to get some help and had a back and forth with someone on the messenger chat.

I am totally blown away that koodo has not come up with an alternate solution.  Over 25% of the population lives alone and doesn’t have an alternate phone.   

I am an existing customer, your reply came to me through my email which is linked to my account, which is linked to this chat…….so why not verify users through existing email.

The koodo person on FB suggested that I go to the Telus booth in the mall and get the person there to verify my identity. Will let you know how I make out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The koodo person on FB suggested that I go to the Telus booth in the mall and get the person there to verify my identity. Will let you know how I make out.

All they need in store is a piece of government issued photo id like a drivers license so make sure you bring that as well:blush:

Here’s the rest of the saga. I went to the booth with gov’t ID and my computer with hopes they could give a code and I could buy a pre-owned phone then and there. He listened to my story and called in,  gave all his id as well as mine and was not able to get anywhere. My only option was to buy a new phone.  He apologized saying he is a contractor and doesn’t write the policies.  I acknowledged that he was standing in front of a company with bad policy and recognized that all the time he was spending with me would not get him anything. He was lovely. He offered me a loaner phone,  so that I could receive the code, or wait for a call back. I will continue to be a koodo customer because of the kindness of the person at the booth.

The policies of this company do not address a lost phone. I cannot imagine that I am alone in this situation. As I said earlier I receive an email message letting me know that a reply has come to this stream. Koodo has another way to contact me. If anyone at koodo would like to address this situation so that another customer does not leave I welcome their being in touch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mary Townend  If you did receive a loaner phone and you line has been restored to be active with your original SIM  you should be able to upgrade online now.  Did you try that?

@Bernard Koodo  I am now able to do anything I need to do because of the kindness of a contractor. Do you understand that koodo needs to change their policies and processes  to verify identity when a phone has been lost?