Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transferring from Koodo to Fido. Porting Number.

I want to transfer from Koodo to Fido prepaid. I also want to port my number over to them. If I were to port my number over, would I need to contact Koodo and tell them that I want to cancel my account after I port? or will they do it for me after I transfer the number? Would they automatically stop billing me? I've signed up for no-tab and I've already payed off the phone and the bill.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope, none of that 🙂 All you need to do is port your number out to Fido and you'll receive one final bill, and your account will close automatically.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't need to contact Koodo the account will be automatically closed when the port goes through. If you close your account with koodo first then you will not be able to port and you'll lose your number. After you port and your account becomes automatically closed Koodo will send you a final bill with any outstanding balance of services and the tab if you did owe on that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You don't need to contact Koodo the account will be automatically closed when the port goes throu...

Closing your account = slamming the door. You lose "ownership" of your number and they will no longer sell you an unlocking code. Keep everything alive till the new supplier is up and running properly. Then call Koodo to verify your final bill. When I ported my number from Vonage (landline), their customer service still showed my account as active a few days after the new service was operating.
Userlevel 7
Just curious, which Fido prepaid plan are you going with? I don't see tremendous value to any of their plans aside from the $39.75 Cityfido.
I usually only text. I was going with the $100 for year unlimited text. Since I hardly phone.