Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transfer of ownership or unlink accounts

Userlevel 2
Is there any fee involved, if you go and get the transfer of ownership at kiosk? or unlink account is better option? I am wondering if two phones on one account can be separated into two different accounts so both can be owners.

6 replies

Did this tonight with my daughter's plan. I had 3 phones/numbers on my account (hers included), but now she's 18 she wanted it in her name. We went to the kiosk and transferred her phone to a new account. I had to be there to validate it, and she had to give her SIN. It only took about 15 mins and didn't cost anything.
Userlevel 2
Peter McFarlane wrote:

Did this tonight with my daughter's plan. I had 3 phones/numbers on my account (hers included), b...

Perfect
Userlevel 7
They're just going to make you call customer service and do the process over the phone. There is no way to avoid the fee like you want.
Userlevel 6
@PD One thing to keep in mind when you split lines is that you also lose unlimited calls between the people who were in the same account. But that may not be a big issue for you.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

@PD One thing to keep in mind when you split lines is that you also lose unlimited calls b...

So that means transfer of ownership is better option. Any thoughts if it is the same quick process like unlinking the accounts
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

@PD One thing to keep in mind when you split lines is that you also lose unlimited calls b...

No since it's like opening a new account. A credit check is done, etc. Standard IDs required