Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer koodo phone number to existing koodo account.

• 14 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to set up my wife in a second line on my account. I got offered a promotional plan and already started it up. She already has an existing account with Koodo and would like to keep her number after the switch. Is there any way to do that? Everything I have seen seems to indicate that you can only port over a number from another service but not from one account to another. is that a transfer of ownership? Or can that not be done?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Goran 14 October 2020, 23:38

Keeping the number can be done but apparently it's uncommon for reps to be aware that it's possible and how to do it. You'd have to request a callback for that and YMMV. Otherwise you will have to port out the number and then port it back to keep it.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Keeping the number can be done but apparently it's uncommon for reps to be aware that it's possible and how to do it. You'd have to request a callback for that and YMMV. Otherwise you will have to port out the number and then port it back to keep it.

That’s what I was afraid of. Any recommendations for a place I could park the number temporarily if moving it falls through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fongo is a VoIP service that charges 25 dollars for a port. Its free otherwise. Similar idea with other VoIP services. Going to other carriers will have a monthly fee so it's a give and take. At least with VoIP if something happens you can still use the number at the same time for free or low cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems like there may be a way to get a helpful rep to set up your wife as a 2nd line on your account, without porting your wife’s number out and back in.

Take a chance, ask for a callback and you may be able to charm the rep to help you out (or refer you to somebody who can).  Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The way I read the post, is that you want to move your Wife’s Koodo line from her account to your account so you are both on one account.  The number stays the same and her plan remains the same.  In this case it is a Transfer of Ownership ($10).  Is there a reason why you want both lines on the same account?