Koodo Community
Question

tracking

• 21 December 2012
  • 6 replies

Does Koodo have a way where people can track there phone if it is lost?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Kelly koodo does not there is certain apps that do this but need to be installed on the phone before the fact.
Userlevel 6
What's your device, Kelly? If it's an Android, I recommend PhoneLocator Pro. It lets you: -Wipe -Lock -Display a message -GPS it -Force it to ring -Get the call log (the standard stuff) Plus it also lets you: -Take a pic of the thief -Listen-in on the thief -Locks out any unauthorized SIM -Survives a Factory Rest (if rooted) True story: about 18mos ago I had my Nexus S stolen (or lost), so first GPS'ed it (thankfully it was a block away), I took a pic of the thief, listened to his surroundings (seemed like a call center), got his SIM # (seeing as he clearly ditched my SIM he had no plan to return my device)...so I went to its location waiting in the lobby & when I saw him the fun began - I locked him out, put a message on-screen & forced it to ring an embarrassing ringtone at full volume. As he fumbled through his bag I approached him & relatively politely retrieved my property. Best 5$ ever spent! He clearly didn't know the power of Android, LoL. He seemed mystefied that I was able to do all that especially when I showed him his picture I had received previous to encountering him along with his number. Available from the Google Play Store.
Userlevel 3
What's your device, Kelly? If it's an Android, I recommend PhoneLocator Pro. It lets you: ...Windows Phone has this feature built in you just have to activate it. I believe iOS has it as well but I'm not sure if it is third party or part of the OS
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What's your device, Kelly? If it's an Android, I recommend PhoneLocator Pro. It lets you: ...I absolutely love that story John & wish I could have seen the guys face when you approached him & told him you know he has your phone lol. Another app for Android that has phone tracking features is Comodo Anti virus which is also a anti virus app and can find what apps are spamming ads to your device, as well as block calls and texts from certain #s and it has a cloud based backup for phones contents and can be set to do these features automatically on a daily or weely basis. Best of all the app is free. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 6
What's your device, Kelly? If it's an Android, I recommend PhoneLocator Pro. It lets you: ...@ Boolanger: I believe the WP & iOS Apps only allow you to GPS it (and maybe couple other things), not do everything I mentioned.
Userlevel 3
What's your device, Kelly? If it's an Android, I recommend PhoneLocator Pro. It lets you: ...Your probably correct, WP7 only allows ringing, lock, erase and location. It might be different in WP8 as FFC are standard so there maybe a pic option . Not sure on iOS as I don't have it with on me