Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Toll free number for Canada recorded as being called to United States

I was given a toll free number which was supposedly for the Canadian arm of credit company. It was 866-557-7811. I called this number and eventually hung up after several minutes of waiting. My cell phone recorded it as a call to the United States. Will I be billed for that call?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For the toll free number, you don't get charge for long distance charges. But it still use your any time minutes unless you have an unlimited minutes.
Yes, I understood that but I just didn't think I could call to the United States no matter what .. (unless I paid an extra charge). So, you are saying I can call anywhere (even in the U.S.) to a toll free number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
anne.nosworthy wrote:

Yes, I understood that but I just didn't think I could call to the United States no matter what ....

You can call any number that is part of the north american numbering plan (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx). There is nothing koodo can do to block this.
Userlevel 7
Even Telus customer service has shown up on my phone as going through the United States before. A toll free # is exactly that, no LD charges.
OK.. thanks.