Koodo Community
Question

To replace my phone ina outlet without photo ID

• 22 June 2020
  • 6 replies

So after coming back from visiting my kids I left my Wallet with picture ID in another town; take note that Koodo had sent a phone to the wrong address and this phone has more cracks in it than cracked out drug addicts at a drug lab. Might I be able to go to an outlet and get a new phone without my ID? ... Sorry for the crude reference but it illustrates my point.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe you can, you just need to provide the customer service rep with a PIN number.  I would bring a bill or bank statement with your name and address.

If you are going to a 3rd party reseller like Bestbuy or London Drugs, I would call and check with them as they may have more stringent requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I read your post wrong, I’m sorry. But...

You mentioned that phone was delivered to “ wrong address “?  Do you know any person(s) at that location?

You could retreat  your phone from wrong address and found out your phone was damaged? 
Is it possible that someone at wrong address might damage your phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I read your post wrong, I’m sorry. But...

You mentioned that phone was delivered to “ wrong address “?  Do you know any person(s) at that location?

You could retreat  your phone from wrong address and found out your phone was damaged? 
Is it possible that someone at wrong address might damage your phone?

Good point.  Like could you get the courier to redeliver?

The phone was already sent back ... That was at the beginning of the month ... Only now did I have one firing brain cell so I used it up to solve this problem .... Now computers have to do my thinking for me .... You know like the next Generation of people that are to come out. JK ... BUT I called Koodo and they cancelled the order, the phone was returned and never heard word about it until pretty much now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your question was about “whether you can replace a phone without an photo ID”. I believe the answer is No as they need proper id to authenticate purchases on customer accounts.

Regarding the returned phone, you would need to wait for Koodo to clear the Tab amount and reset the plan in self-serve before getting another phone on your existing line. It might take a while given the shipping delay. You could check it in your selfserve..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea photo id would be needed. Now if you don't have a single piece of photo if on you but you have a close friend or family member that does, you could call koodo, verify yourself over the phone, and then add their name to your account and have them come with you in store to do the upgrade with you.