Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tisk Tisk Koodo

Went to get a new phone today , not very happy with koodo at all. 1st Im all good with paying off My tab b4 getn a new phone. However these places You have approved as distributors of Your products are not able to take payments at the stores. So I figure Ill use My mastercard to pay it off , but then Am told you dont accept Master Card , isnt a credit card useful EVERYWHERE , that is why they have them. So then Im told the only way i can get the phone I would like is if I not only increase My tab charge each month to $21 , I also Am FORCED to get and pay for a plan that I dont have any use for , so now Im expected to pay $36 more a month on a circuit board covered in plastic , like realllllly. Just to let Ya know , I turned it down , I dont dont play well with hidden SCAMS... I will be seeking out another provider , seems like the only solution , Ive been a loyal customer for 3 years and You still feel the need to bend Me over and give it to Me dry.... Thought there was new legislation preventing this from happening. Truely Disappointed in Koodo!!!!

19 replies

Userlevel 4
If the only issue was that they couldn't take mastercard, then you could have paid your tab using another method:  another CC.  get it billed to you.  pay cash.
Danny wrote:

If the only issue was that they couldn't take mastercard, then you could have paid your tab using...

As it clearly states above , the distributor would not accepy payments, this would include cash... I dont carry every cc thats on the market , I like to keep My finances in check , You can not have it billed to You...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

If the only issue was that they couldn't take mastercard, then you could have paid your tab using...

What store was this at Allan?
Danny wrote:

The Koodo Store in Chinook Mall (Calgary) , then another kiosk in the same Mall , then more frustration at the Wal Mart on Macloed Trail and Sothland Dr. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

Walmart doesn't take Mastercard?? That's really strange. You can buy a head of lettuce and pay for it with your mastercard. Bizarre. 
Danny wrote:

Shouldnt be a stressful hassle to get a new phone , POOR customer service skills , and that reflects on Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

Shouldn't be at all, you are right.....we'll reach out to that WalMart store manager to see what gives.
Danny wrote:

Thx but chances are that I will miss out on the boxing day bonuses and discounts at this point.

Userlevel 3
Danny wrote:

There are boxing day bonuses and discounts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

Typically boxing day deals continue. I'm not sure if Walmart is doing something special though.
Danny wrote:

The walMart on Macloed and Southland is offering a $150.gift with new phones , the store in Chinook Mall is offerring a instore credit of $75 might be more but not sure...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

On what phone is the $150.gif?
Danny wrote:

Is that a Walmart.gift card of $150 or is it to offer to pay off a tab on one's phone?
Danny wrote:

I got the Samsung S5 Neo , but as I discovered , despite taking on a new phone and term of 2 years , the.gift card is only for new activations. Not sure why thats different than anyone else , I mean You have to do all the same things as a new activation , except getting a new phone #.
Userlevel 3
Danny wrote:

Yep! I bought one a few weeks ago,on a tab (that I didn't have before) in hopes that I got the $100 Visa.gift card but was told that I didn't get it as I have been with Koodo close to 6 years!! It's effing ridiculous! Us old,loyal customers get diddly squat!
I've been looking at other carriers and ALL of them offer deals to NEW and CURRENT customers!! Whether it's a NEW or existing activation!
Koodo is so BAD when it comes to people who have been with them forever!! It's a shame really!!
I've thought about leaving but still undecided!
Userlevel 2
Danny wrote:

I agree with you Allan Clark. Such as existing customers not getting the bonus (VERY LAME) and the lack of MC support. But I can understand the second the one. Credit card companies charge the retailer a percentage when a CC is used and I think in trying to keep costs low they went with the consortium (VISA, AMEX and Discover all banded together for one price so many companies only accept those 3) Obviously you got your new phone already but I would suggest in future doing what I do and just buy the phone outright (preferably from the manufacturer) Or else take the hit and use your MC to buy the phone from the manufacturer
Danny wrote:

Yeah I got a large tab too and something happened to my screen on my phone I almost thought oh wohoo this is completely awesome maybe I can just get a new device keep the same plan and get a new phone, guess that won't happen. I'm still looking around for unlocked phones. No matter what cell phone company you go to you'll always get some corruption lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jcsousa wrote:

Koodo does not want to pay the percentage that Mastercard charges, can't blame Koodo for that.

Credit cards are accepted for purchases at all of our Koodo stores.
jcsousa wrote:

Koodo does not want to pay the percentage that Mastercard charges, can't blame Koodo for that.

I was told at the Wal Mart that Master Card was not accepted , the Sales Rep even personally phones Koodo and was told Master Card was not accepted... I even tried to purchase a per-paid visa but the store did not have any available..