Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Time sync possibly off

Im just curious. My phone set to show Koodo time is roughly 1.5 minutes behind my windows PC. Is this the case with everyone? I know i can set manual time, but im just curious if Koodo itself is behind, or if its just my phone. Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe it's your computer who's in front?
Userlevel 5
Hi Melanie. Since I'm at my computer and my cell phone was in reach, I checked. Koodo time is 4 seconds faster than Bill Gates time. in my household. All I can suggest is that you junk your computer, grab your phone and head off for Newfoundland where you'll be at least 1/2 hour ahead of the rest of Canada!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I use to match my clocks to the Environment Canada channel back in the day. Now, my cell is my North Star... Hmm Maybe that's not the right analogy
I tried finding a way to resync the clock on my computer, but there doesnt seem to be any way. also "time.windows.com" which it says its synced to, doesnt actually come up if i type it in. So im not sure how to check if its my pc. Its not an earthshattering crisis. just has me wondering is all. Its still that way 24 hours later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mel wrote:

I tried finding a way to resync the clock on my computer, but there doesnt seem to be any way. al...

Which one do you feel is correct? Turn in the evening news. Which time source does it match
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mel wrote:

I tried finding a way to resync the clock on my computer, but there doesnt seem to be any way. al...

Your computer may be getting it's time from your router / gateway, as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Take copious notes once a day while listening to the CBC broadcast of the NRC signal. Technology strikes again... 0.25 second lapse between hops. I guess Bill Gates was in line first when they handed out the Tee-times. And all those years we believed the CBC was the absolute arbiter of truth have come to naught. Or maybe CSIS is listening in and checking stuff out for accuracy on the way.